Mistking on its way!!

Daniel266jz

Avid Member
I bought a mistking for my panther chameleon Arctic, It is getting here Friday. Any tips? I will attach pics of his cage before and after! I bought a see through tub for the drainage which will go under the stands and a black sterilite container to be the reservoir .

Attachments

• IMG_0272.JPG
    IMG_0272.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 154
where did you buy? any discounts?
I bought it from LLLReptile. I was going to buy on the actual Mistking website, but they are the same price $129.99 on all the websites i checked. The only reason I got it on LLLReptile is because it was free shipping on orders over $50 i think.

I find installing the nozzle in the front corner by the door hinge pointed at the opposite back corner gives the best spray coverage with the least overspray.
Thank you for the tip! Definitely will do that. Actually do you have to drill holes to install the wedge? I bought the wedge.

You will need to have a bucket to use as the reservoir. Most of the big diy stores sell food grade buckets. You will need to drill a hole in the bucket.

It installs thru the screen so no drilling. You may need a screwdriver to open the hole in the screen for the nozzle.
Okay I see. The wedge shall be easy. I have already bought a see through sterilite container for the drainage and a black sterilite container for the reservoir. The black container even has a snap top for safety. I read that dark colored containers are less likely to harbor bacteria so thats why i chose it as a reservoir.

Sounds like you are ready. Good purchase. You'll be glad you bought it.
Yup. Did my research before my purchase. Thank you for the wedge tip though i thought i had to drill holes for the screws haha. Also, would a Zip Drip be a good investment?

Update my mistking made it But my reservoir kept leaking I'll post pics it's the black container and idk how to fix this or should I get something else?

Attachments

• IMG_0336.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    240.1 KB · Views: 121
Congrats on the Mistking. I/Lucky love his set up. On the drippy bulkhead; you may take a look and make sure you have not pinched one of the washers/gaskets on either side of the bulkhead in your reservoir. Drain you water into another bucket and examine what's happening. You might find that by disassembling, checking your bulkhead assembly (Nuts and washers on both sides) and reassembling you will get a good seal. If not, let us know and we'll try to further assist.

Congrats on the Mistking. I/Lucky love his set up. On the drippy bulkhead; you may take a look and make sure you have not pinched one of the washers/gaskets on either side of the bulkhead in your reservoir. Drain you water into another bucket and examine what's happening. You might find that by disassembling, checking your bulkhead assembly (Nuts and washers on both sides) and reassembling you will get a good seal. If not, let us know and we'll try to further assist.
Everything looks fine as far as the fittings I just don't know why it leaks I tried loose and tight fit or is it that the sterilite is too moldeable and once I tighten it it gets a slight indent where water passes through? What are your thoughts?

If the Sterilite tub is bending/buckling where you have the bulkhead, then I would suggest a more rigid water container. I have a 5 gal. "Homer bucket" from Home Depot, but any size bucket with similar rigidity should suffice.

If the Sterilite tub is bending/buckling where you have the bulkhead, then I would suggest a more rigid water container. I have a 5 gal. "Homer bucket" from Home Depot, but any size bucket with similar rigidity should suffice.[/QUOTE
Okay i will go out and buy one after work thank you for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom