MistKing Not Working :(

renderit1

Hi Everyone,

So I got my new Starter pack and I havent been able to get it to work. I tried checking the tubes for clogs and correct flow direction; plugged it into the timer and outlet directly; checked both ends and its neither sucking nor blowing (that's what she said:D). All it does is vibrate.

Is there anything else I can do? It was the cherry on top for my new cage and isn't working :(

You most likely need to prime the pump. They have a hard time drawing water if there is air in the line or if your water supply is below the level of the pump.

Did you try priming the pump by letting it run with the line not connected to the misting head? Have it all hooked up, except the misting head, hold the line over a bucket a run it until water comes out of the hose. Doesn't take long, but it's easier to have someone help by turning it on and off for you, while you hold the line over the bucket. :)

have you tried turning it on without the nozzle attached at the end? so you have the water bucket going to the pump, then a tube going to the cage and mist nozzle right? disconnect the mist nozzle and put the tube in a glass so water doesn't get everywhere, and then turn it on and see if it pumps. Thats usually the problem, if the pump is vibrating im sure its working, they're very dependable systems.

SUCCESS!!! Well I did a bit of your advice and a bit of What If.

Well I had a extra transparent hose in the house and decided to put that one on to see if anything was going in from the water bucket. I noticed that there was a little air bubble moving up the hose very very slow (after removing the hose that goes to the spray nozzle as suggested), after a while I was giving up.

What I tried was sucking in water myself into the hose from the bucket side, then blowing it into the pump myself while it was on, then putting the hose back into the water bucket. It made some choking noise for a minute and then BAM! water gushing out from the other end.

Hopefully future members that have the same problem can try this extra method. THANKS EVERYONE! I knew I could count on you! Picks from Dexter's new home coming soon.

SUCCESS!!! Well I did a bit of your advice and a bit of What If.

Well I had a extra transparent hose in the house and decided to put that one on to see if anything was going in from the water bucket. I noticed that there was a little air bubble moving up the hose very very slow (after removing the hose that goes to the spray nozzle as suggested), after a while I was giving up.

What I tried was sucking in water myself into the hose from the bucket side, then blowing it into the pump myself while it was on, then putting the hose back into the water bucket. It made some choking noise for a minute and then BAM! water gushing out from the other end.

Hopefully future members that have the same problem can try this extra method. THANKS EVERYONE! I knew I could count on you! Picks from Dexter's new home coming soon.
what do you mean by that? i have a basic set up and the same issue it sounds like but i dint understand how you fixed your isssue?

what do you mean by that? i have a basic set up and the same issue it sounds like but i dint understand how you fixed your isssue?
This thread is 7 years old, so you’ll get a better response if you start your own

Back
Top Bottom