Mistking Help!

A couple weeks ago I got a mistking and finally got it set up but it's not going off at the times I set. I can hear the pump vibrating and I've got the water source above the pump, as per the instructions. Attached are pictures of the programs I have set and an attempt to show the way I have the wires connected (in case I somehow got that mixed up.)

Attachments

• 15336698111445789433107536612544.jpg
    15336698111445789433107536612544.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20180807_150416309_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180807_150416309_HDR.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20180807_150418352_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180807_150418352_HDR.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20180807_150419940_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180807_150419940_HDR.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_20180807_150421866_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180807_150421866_HDR.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_20180807_150658512_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180807_150658512_HDR.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 216
Well if the pump is trying to suck water in at the times set by the timer, it doesn't seem like the timer would be the issue. If you remove the hose from your reservoir going into the pump, does water come out? Try removing the end going into your pump, running it, turning it off, reconnecting the hose, and running again. Those things self prime and can run dry without any risk. Can you provide pictures of your setup?

Yeah I did the same thing just remember the second part is hours minutes seconds so only put in the amount of minutes you want to mist rather than trying to connect the time, so for the second time if you want 5 minutes it should look like 00:05:00, you’re putting your minutes in the hour section

Last edited:
Yeah I did the same thing just remember the second part is hours minutes seconds so only put in the amount of minutes you want to mist rather than trying to connect the time, so for the second time if you want 5 minutes it should look like 00:05:00, you’re putting your minutes in the hour section

I think you're misreading this. The timer shows start and end time, not the length of the misting session. You're able to determine the length based on the stop time.

From your last picture...it looks like there's a T coming from your reservoir? Where are those both going? The line from your reservoir should be a direct line to your pump ONLY. Coming out of your pump, you can then T it to whatever other nozzles etc you need.

I do not have a mistaking. But I do know that would be to much spraying if it’s for a veiled or panther chameleon. 9 am is kinda late also, it’s best to spray right at lights on then at lights off and a dripper through the day. Good luck!

I do not have a mistaking. But I do know that would be to much spraying if it’s for a veiled or panther chameleon. 9 am is kinda late also, it’s best to spray right at lights on then at lights off and a dripper through the day. Good luck!

Should be spraying at lights on, but 100% disagree with the rest of your statement. 4, 1 and 2 minute sessions is not only not “too much”, but it’s even not enough. Depending on the OP’s drainage, I would even add a a long 4-5 min shower. For the record not all will take to a dripper , mist of my chameleons drink solely from most sessions and never have an issue with dehydration.

Should be spraying at lights on, but 100% disagree with the rest of your statement. 4, 1 and 2 minute sessions is not only not “too much”, but it’s even not enough. Depending on the OP’s drainage, I would even add a a long 4-5 min shower. For the record not all will take to a dripper , mist of my chameleons drink solely from most sessions and never have an issue with dehydration.

With real plants and a decent understanding on how to set up a proper chameleon cage/environment you shouldn’t need to mist that much! You should not see your chameleon running to drink.

@Croninking did you double check the water lines are hooked up to the correct side of the pump? If it's running when turned on I'd think that rules out any wiring issues so maybe double check that. If not maybe post a photo of how you have it setup in case we can notice anything jumping out that's out of place.

I think you're misreading this. The timer shows start and end time, not the length of the misting session. You're able to determine the length based on the stop time.

Nope, @M I K E Y is correct. The old Mistking timers used to work like that but I have the same newer style Mistking timer and the first field is the start time and the second/stop field is supposed to be the duration. Here's how I currently have mine set up for reference:
20180807_204753.jpg

As far as frequency and duration of the mistings go, that'll depend on what cham you have and your lighting schedule. I'm far from an expert but with my Panthers I've always done a short 3 minute misting session about an hour after lights on and then longer 5 minute misting sessions every couple of hours after that with the last one being an hour or two before lights off so the cage has a chance to dry out before night time. That was enough to keep all of the plants thriving (pothos and schflerra) without needing an additional dripper/water source.

Nope, @M I K E Y is correct. The old Mistking timers used to work like that but I have the same newer style Mistking timer and the first field is the start time and the second/stop field is supposed to be the duration. Here's how I currently have mine set up for reference:

There must be different versions of this then. I just replaced the old box timer my mistking came with that I've had for years, purchased a new one from Mistking direct at the San Diego Reptile show. I can tell you that mine works Exactly how the OP's does.

There must be different versions of this then. I just replaced the old box timer my mistking came with that I've had for years, purchased a new one from Mistking direct at the San Diego Reptile show. I can tell you that mine works Exactly how the OP's does.

That's weird I bought mine direct from Mistking at the Sacramento Reptile Show and the rep told me to he sure not to do it that way or the pump will never shut off because it thinks it's supposed to run for 9 hours and 5 minutes instead of shutting off at 9:05. Not sure why yours or the OP's would work differently than me and MIKEY's?

Back
Top Bottom