mistking configuration i need help!

Qwerty

Hi to all i was buying a mistking ultimate system but when i was ready to pay i see the adjustable rain nozzle and i think that i will buy it but now i'm confused... my first idea was to put 2 nozzles x cage like in this pic image.jpeg
but after i see this rain nozzle
image.jpeg
i decided that i will buy two of them to make rain in my cages.
but now the problem is if i put two nozzles and one rain nozzle for cages i need six nozzles in total...
Is possible to assembly them and select if i want run fine mist (normal nozzle circuit) or big mist (rain nozzles) or all six nozzles toghether?
what i need ball valve? y connector? is there someone that has a similiar setup that can help me?
i'm a newbie in this things.
are 3 nozzle for cages much?
please help me.

are 3 nozzle for cages much?

3 nozzles for a cage is a little extreme in my opinion. Most people use only two, and even then, there are lots of people who get adequate misting with only one nozzle - they just run it a little longer. 3 nozzles will definitely soak your cage a lot so make sure you have proper water drainage so that way there are no issues with standing water.

As for hooking it all up and what you need....

@NERVOUS - you have 2 nozzles, plus a raindome on your cage..... help this member out?

One nozzle for anything up to 24x24x48 is fine. I do have a rain dome but don't have it hooked up right now. It's pretty cool. Especially if you have a cham who prefers drips over mist. With the rain dome, you will want to buy a plastic salad bowl to lay over it. Because it sits above the cage, it might get some spray on your lights.

Don't forget the screen wedge!

I have the mistking and the same size cage, 2x2x4 and I have 2 nozzles in opposite corners. This creates a cross breeze of mist and with it being at the top of the cage it creates a bit of a "rain" section were the mist nozzles are close to the top. I dont think I would want more than 2 nozzles for this size cage.

With my first misting time of 7min 30 seconds I get a lot of water in my drainage setup and with a rain dripper setup I feel like that would only increase that.

I agree with this however make sure that you install the corners on the correct side. I made the mistake of assembling my cage and then installing the corners but on the OUTSIDE. This left like a gap, the width of the screen frame, and when I tightened down the misting mount its stretched the screen.

I have the mistking and the same size cage, 2x2x4 and I have 2 nozzles in opposite corners. This creates a cross breeze of mist and with it being at the top of the cage it creates a bit of a "rain" section were the mist nozzles are close to the top. I dont think I would want more than 2 nozzles for this size cage.

With my first misting time of 7min 30 seconds I get a lot of water in my drainage setup and with a rain dripper setup I feel like that would only increase that.

I agree with this however make sure that you install the corners on the correct side. I made the mistake of assembling my cage and then installing the corners but on the OUTSIDE. This left like a gap, the width of the screen frame, and when I tightened down the misting mount its stretched the screen.

So how much water do you use in a day or a week for one cage that is 2x2x4?

One nozzle for anything up to 24x24x48 is fine. I do have a rain dome but don't have it hooked up right now. It's pretty cool. Especially if you have a cham who prefers drips over mist. With the rain dome, you will want to buy a plastic salad bowl to lay over it. Because it sits above the cage, it might get some spray on your lights.

So how much water do you use in a day or a week for one cage?

I have the rain dome only in my 2x2x4 it is plenty for my Panther. I mist at 9:30 (4.5 min) , 11 (1 min) , 12:30 (3.5 min) 3:30 (4 min) and 6:30 (1 min) Lights on 8:30 off 8:30. And he stays hydrated

I have the rain dome only in my 2x2x4 it is plenty for my Panther. I mist at 9:30 (4.5 min) , 11 (1 min) , 12:30 (3.5 min) 3:30 (4 min) and 6:30 (1 min) Lights on 8:30 off 8:30. And he stays hydrated
How much water does i use in one week [in gallons or liters]?

About 1.5 gallons a week. I refill them at the water station at Walmart for .39 cents , way cheaper than buying new. Plus it is reverse osmosis. I keep 8 gallons on hand and refill when I start getting low.

About 1.5 gallons a week. I refill them at the water station at Walmart for .39 cents , way cheaper than buying new. Plus it is reverse osmosis. I keep 8 gallons on hand and refill when I start getting low.
Thanks. My Mist King was delivered today, and I was trying to figure out the minimum size bucket that I need. I wouldn't want to keep water for more than a week, and I have two RO systems in my home, so I'll change the water every week. Hopefully, a 2.5 gallon bucket will suffice.

Thanks. My Mist King was delivered today, and I was trying to figure out the minimum size bucket that I need. I wouldn't want to keep water for more than a week, and I have two RO systems in my home, so I'll change the water every week. Hopefully, a 2.5 gallon bucket will suffice.
Good thing with the mistking is if it runs dry it doesn't burn up the motor. I accidentally did this once, less than a day and it still works. I had to prime it again. I am sure that size of bucket would be big enough. Just top off when needed :)

As for hooking it all up and what you need....
@NERVOUS - you have 2 nozzles, plus a raindome on your cage..... help this member out?

@Qwerty - As @trickedoutbiker mentioned, I run a setup similar to what you're describing above. My setup includes two MistKing nozzles and an adjustable rain nozzle per enclosure. Also, each sprayer is fitted with a ball valve to facilitate adjustable spray configurations. I have two identically configured enclosures now.

Here's a link to a thread I posted about my first enclosure - https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...ck-dragon-strand-mistking-and-zoo-med.146596/

Please let me know if I can answer any specific questions for you.

Back
Top Bottom