MIStking coming!

Hillary anne

Established Member
The mistking I ordered for Lou comes in tomorrow. I am going to go ahead and set it up while hoping he heals. 4th vet visit in a month coming on weds with a different vet, who I hope can provide answers.

Even if this doesn’t work out I am not done caring for herps and can’t imagine my life without one. I refuse to not have hope that Lou will pull through but I am accepting the reality that it may come down to something too far gone to treat.

Anyways, I figured having this set up in his main enclosure and putting him in there a few hours a day, or even perched for an hour in the mornings with the mistkng schedules may make him happy in comparison to his flat/ sad sterile bin.
(The most active he’s been is while I let him check out his new upgraded space, I don’t trust him being in there quite yet without being on my watch).

ANYWAY. for those who have mistking, could you please let me know about the water ressivore? I watched some YouTube videos that aren’t that telling. Does it need to be above the pump?

What do you do for the excess water or drainage? How do you create a stand or what do you use for a 2x2x4 enclosure with a plastic bottom? Do you use RO water or Ian reptisafe and tap okay for this?

The mistking I ordered for Lou comes in tomorrow. I am going to go ahead and set it up while hoping he heals. 4th vet visit in a month coming on weds with a different vet, who I hope can provide answers.

Even if this doesn’t work out I am not done caring for herps and can’t imagine my life without one. I refuse to not have hope that Lou will pull through but I am accepting the reality that it may come down to something too far gone to treat.

Anyways, I figured having this set up in his main enclosure and putting him in there a few hours a day, or even perched for an hour in the mornings with the mistkng schedules may make him happy in comparison to his flat/ sad sterile bin.
(The most active he’s been is while I let him check out his new upgraded space, I don’t trust him being in there quite yet without being on my watch).

ANYWAY. for those who have mistking, could you please let me know about the water ressivore? I watched some YouTube videos that aren’t that telling. Does it need to be above the pump?

What do you do for the excess water or drainage? How do you create a stand or what do you use for a 2x2x4 enclosure with a plastic bottom? Do you use RO water or Ian reptisafe and tap okay for this?

I use 5 gallon black bucket from home depot and the pump is not below the reservoir. For drainage I drilled a hole in the bottom of the enclosure and put a storage bin under it.

Many keepers use RO water or distilled water. I have used tap water with no issues but I have very clean water in my town. When I move I will be investing in a RO water system.

Wte you do don’t get electrocuted, it hurts

For my ro i use a 5 gallon jug I refill once a month. I drilled a hole in the cap to allow the hose line in the jug. For water collection I have a drip pan for washing machines under the cages to collect the extra water witch honestly isn’t much because of all the plant

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 92
I have a 5 gal home depot bucket, too. Thinking of trying a Sceptre Jerry Can to be a little more discrete. The drain /bulkhead tap should be at least level with the pump, if not below it. Mine is about level. I use Distilled water from Target for $0.90. I fill mine every week but I have multiple bioactive enclosures with lot of plants.

You’re going to love the mistking!

Hope Lou feels better soon... it will take a long time for that cut to heal. It will break open naturally just from movement and use. Did you order any of that honey? I did (for husband), Im happy to send you a little and some silkworms to help him fee better.

There is a keeprr who has multiple special needs chameleons who uses plastic deer fencing in the enclosure to allow her chams to climb but sorta acts like a safety net, too. Might help little Lou while he recovers.

I have a 5 gal home depot bucket, too. Thinking of trying a Sceptre Jerry Can to be a little more discrete. The drain /bulkhead tap should be at least level with the pump, if not below it. Mine is about level. I use Distilled water from Target for $0.90. I fill mine every week but I have multiple bioactive enclosures with lot of plants.

You’re going to love the mistking!

Hope Lou feels better soon... it will take a long time for that cut to heal. It will break open naturally just from movement and use. Did you order any of that honey? I did (for husband), Im happy to send you a little and some silkworms to help him fee better.

There is a keeprr who has multiple special needs chameleons who uses plastic deer fencing in the enclosure to allow her chams to climb but sorta acts like a safety net, too. Might help little Lou while he recovers.
I would love to check out some silkworms, I saw your message and have meant to get back to you. Where did you get the honey from? I was following that and then got distracted with other chameleon health things . I have some garden plastic netting very similar to that, will definitely look into making something for his enclosure, was even thinking of trying to find a yard or two of that mesh that gymnasts/circus folk use to catch their falls.

I would love to check out some silkworms, I saw your message and have meant to get back to you. Where did you get the honey from? I was following that and then got distracted with other chameleon health things . I have some garden plastic netting very similar to that, will definitely look into making something for his enclosure, was even thinking of trying to find a yard or two of that mesh that gymnasts/circus folk use to catch their falls.

Send me a msg with your address. I got the honey from Vitamin world I think. It should be here anyday. Im sure little goes a long way with it, when using it for first aid.

Back
Top Bottom