MistKing check

Klyde O'Scope

Chameleon Enthusiast
We've decided to get another MK starter for the tank because he's on a completely different misting schedule than the chameleon, and if we have to remember to open/close a valve twice a day, it defeats the purpose of an automated system.

Here's the layout. I don't expect 100% coverage, but this should be close. All nozzles are singles.
I expect this will be fine, but due diligence suggests I run it by you folks with more MK experience.

1635172711196.png

1635179083246.png

so I have a 24x48 and I have 2 nozzles where the red V's are. the blue is the estimated area that I feel the misters cover easily. There is some overlap in the middle but not a lot and mostly just distributed by the turbulence that the mist creates with the warm air.

If I were to add 1 more I would probably add the 1 circled in black.

What is the ultimate goal? I know you said 100% coverage but the 6 may be overkill? (can that be a thing?)

I have to use a dripper to water my plants because I don't get enough water to some in the corners. Any in the middle or center of the panels seem to get enough water.

My misting schedule is this for reference:

Lights on at 7:30am
7:00am for 1min 30sec
9:00am for 4min
6:00pm for 2min
Lights out at 8:00pm
10:30pm for 15sec
1:30am for 15sec

I have a drain pan but it is never enough for any water to overflow into the drain bucket and it evaporates before it ever stagnates...

Thanks Bryan,

My misting schedule is this for reference:
Is that for a tortoise (tank) or your chameleon?

I have a 48 x 24 for my chameleon as well, and I have 3 nozzles along the front. Even with that they don't reach the back 8-9". That works for me because that's where he can hide from the mist or sleep protected, though he seems to like being misted some of the time—he likes to walk into it, and afterward he glistens! 😁

The table is... semi-bioactive (sandy soil substrate, but plants are in pots buried in the substrate).
Any excess water can still exit out a drain tube.

Back
Top Bottom