MistKing, catching water?

Rosie42892

I am soon to be setting up my MistKing but realized I don't know where all of this water will be going! How do some of you catch/get rid of the excess water from the MistKing, or any mister for that matter.Thanks!

I use plastic hardware cloth in the bottoms of the cages i built. Under that i slid a big plastic oil tub to catch everything that falls through :). I have to empty it around once a week or week and a half. Works awesome.

My cages are on a table I built on a slightly incline tilted forward. The water runs to the front and into a gutter. This gutter feeds to a pail that I empty when needed.

The incline does not seem to bug the chameleons at all, honestly im not convinced they even know.

i made a box out of 2x4s with the front open so theres room to slide a lasagna tray underneath. drilled drainage holes in the middle of the plastic floor. put the plant in the center. so the plastic floor sags & everything runs directly to the drainage holes.:)

Unfortunatly I do not have a LLL enclosure. The enclosure will be 30"L x 18"W x 36"H. There is a picture of an identical enclosure except it is a bit smaller, here http://www.chameleonsonly.com/chameleon_cages_starter_kits.htm
I believe the bottom is soft(besides the frame). So should I try to raise it up and put something under it? What do I raise it up with? Also, with the bottom, how do I get it to drain? Thankyou!

if you put something heavy in the middle, the plastic will bend & if you put holes in the plastic the water will drain through the holes. if your afraid the plant will fall throug the bottom give a little more support along the edges. raise it up so you could slip a drainage pan underneath.

Back
Top Bottom