Misting

Owen34

How do u guys deal with the water at the bottom of the viv. I haven't got a misting system but am thinking about getting one. Cammi seems to be doing fine with hand spraying. But just hand spraying leaves me with loads of water at the bottom

There are many different options for drainage, I suggest doing a search using that word. We went with a wash machine drain pan with a few holes drilled in the bottom, then siliconed a funnel underneath that drains into a 5 gallon bucket. The pan is a few inches larger than the enclosure so it catches any over spray as well. That was a requirement from my wife! :eek: :)

There are many different options for drainage, I suggest doing a search using that word. We went with a wash machine drain pan with a few holes drilled in the bottom, then siliconed a funnel underneath that drains into a 5 gallon bucket. The pan is a few inches larger than the enclosure so it catches any over spray as well. That was a requirement from my wife! :eek: :)

I have the same , and it works great.

Her you can see the drain pan.

Attachments

• 20171008_204136.jpg
    20171008_204136.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 92
Here you can see the drain pan from underneath with funnel, held in place by silicone, and emptying into a drain bucket. The drain pan is drilled with 1/2 inch holes and covered with screen to block the escape of insects. I hope this helps you.

Attachments

• 20171008_204209.jpg
    20171008_204209.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 61
Looks good thanks. As I haven't got shower screens on the side of my viv, I was worried if I got a mist king it would go all over the sides & on to the floor

Back
Top Bottom