Misting times

Desurfer

I just purchased a MistKing misting system for my panther and was wondering how often and long everyone was misting there chameleons.
thanks jeff

A safe bet would be to mist twice a day for 10-15 mins each misting. If it stays much to wet in there, lessen it to once a day for 20 mins. Scheduled the pump to turn on an hour after the lights come on and sometime in the afternoon.

Luis

I give a nice 5 min mist in the morning an hr after they wake up. Then in 2 hr intervals I give 2 min mists. Around 1 or 2 I give another 5 min spray becasue it gets the hottest durring that time. I then go on with the 2 min every 2 hrs. Depending on where you live and what not misting sked's may varry. I stayed home a full day just to try and get the perfect misting sked lol.

-Clemonde

Im sorry You may want to do 10 min instead of 5. My chams tend to start drinking 30-1 min after the mister turns on it may take your cham about 5 min of misting just to stimulate him/her to start drinking.

-Clemonde

There is value to running the mist cycle 20 to 30 minutes, instead of short time frames. Some chams won't drink without the dripping being on for a while. Also, if you run 5 minutes or 15 minutes, the cage still dries out in the same amount of time. The trick is to trigger the next misting after the drying out has taken place.:D

Nick

There is value to running the mist cycle 20 to 30 minutes, instead of short time frames. Some chams won't drink without the dripping being on for a while. Also, if you run 5 minutes or 15 minutes, the cage still dries out in the same amount of time. The trick is to trigger the next misting after the drying out has taken place.:D

Nick

True Nick, but it also depends on where you live. Durring the winter it takes a really long time for my cages to dry out in between mistings. Basicly you should try out different methods and see what works best for you Desurfer.:D

-Clemonde

I was originally told for 30 seconds three times a day but my cage dries out fast. When the cage is dried out the humidity is around 50% but he does have full single sheds. I think im going to increase the misting a longer. Are you guys keeping the cage wet all the time and where do you guys like to keep the humidity around?

Thanks for your input
Jeff :)

I have all 5 of my cages misted every other hours for 30 seconds. All my chams are used to the cycle and almost dance around the misters.

This also differs basedon enclosure size right? I mean if you misted for 20 straight minutes in a 16x16x20 the Cham would be swimming.

Back
Top Bottom