Misting systems

jodeoh60

My Jacksons love a good overnight drip in the shower, but my wife hates it. It is a drag after awhile to run the animals from their basement cages to the upstairs bath, so I've been considering a misting system. There's alot of conflicting info here, and I'd appreciate any input you CF members can give. I'm also in no hurry, as my trio is on the lawn for the warmer weather and I can mist them via the garden hose hose daily no problem. I set up a drip table inside to hold two cages---wooden frame, plastic sheet bottom with a hole for collecting the runoff. Thanks!

Misting seems to be the biggest opinion on here. I have also done a lot of research on this subject. After not finding a solid fact about it, I decided to follow the instructions of Screameleons where I got mine from.

Hi there. I am new to forum and I am finding it to hold a wealth of information. I have however used most misters available in uk. I work shifts and need something reliable for my boy.i recently purchased a mist king and have found it far superior to anything I have used before. I have used habbamister. In fact I have worked my way through a few. Lucky reptile super rain was a disaster. Monsoon-well I went through 3 in 3 months. Perhaps I was unlucky. It all comes down to your requirements and how much you want to spend. Marty at mistking is very helpfull and can advise on requirements. I would check out reviews and then decide.

I love my mistking had it for almost a year now with zero problems. I'm running 15 nozzles on the smaller pump too.

Mistkings are great.
Aquazamps are supposed to be just as good, but I have only used MK.

These systems are quite similar, and very versatile.

Both sell "rain" attachments. The one MK sells is easily made from spare MK parts. I made one, and did not like it, it did not work for my situation. I have found other ways to get "rain" like effects from it though, such as having it hit foliage thats placed at the top of the cage, and it collecting, and dripping down. I liked this much better. You get mist that cools the whole cage, and wets a lot of surfaces, so it can evaporate and raise the RH, as well as actual dripping water, to trigger a drinking response.

If you get the MK ultimate, they will throw in this nifty cigar cutter:
cuttoolmk.jpg

I have a couple mistkings there rock solid and there timer is awesome!

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses here . My experience with Jackson's has been to drench them almost daily with an overnight drip in the shower, or for an hour or for an hour on the lawn with the hose set on mist. I've dripped the cage with a bottle and a pinhole, but the animals don't get the same level of hydration as a drenching. Is misting adequate?

I'm using a repti-fogger on a mechanical timer with a hygrometer I monitor and it's been fine so far. It's easy to turn up or down as the requirements call for. I work crazy shifts so can't always be in to mist/spray at regular times, and I'm usually home after he's been asleep for an hour. The mist tube is perched on top the mesh so it condenses and drips onto the plant below so he has a source of water to drink.

Back
Top Bottom