misting system

johnandlyn

hi all im looking for a misting system for me enclosure and cant seem to find one i dont mind making my own i live in the uk so if anyone can help id be delighted thanks john:D

Summoner12 posted one that he made himself and it is great! His explanation has a lot of pictures. You can see his post by going to my blog or looking for his name. It is a "misting system for under $100". A really great thread.

That seems like a good system for you UK guys. To bad shipping on a mistking or herpmist would be insane. But you really do get what you pay for. I learned that after breaking two pump sprayers. Inferior design as they're not meant to be used everyday, much less 2-3 times a day. I'm hand misting until my system gets here, it does keep your hand strong :D

I have been using my pump sprayer for about 6 months now and it still sprays great. You have to remove the nozzle and clean it every once in awhile if you live in a hard water area, but that is a small thing. Sometimes you need to treat things gently.

Ya the problem with the first $9.95 one was there was no pressure reflief valve so I over pumped it and blew out the o-rings. On the second one which was like $25 the handle/pump part had to be srewed in really tight or the o-ring leaked, I even put a little silicon lubracate on it. Well one day one of the plastic peices that the handle presses against to unsrew busted off while trying to unsrew it. Then the other one broke off to after trying to get it unsrewed for like 20 min and it was trash at that point. I guess I'm not that gentle..haha, must be why I use a torque wrench on everything when working on my car. It was a major pain in the butt, but my Mistking system is on a truck headed this way from Canada!!!

You definately were treating it with too much muscle. When the handle doesn't want to go down it is full of air and you need to just let it gently go down by itself.

You definately were treating it with too much muscle. When the handle doesn't want to go down it is full of air and you need to just let it gently go down by itself.

True, I'm not saying it wasn't my fault the first one broke. I broke it, plain and simple. I'm just saying that they are not designed to be used multiple times a day. The second one I had is a true example of that. It would leak after 2 or 3 pumps if not tightened fully. Eventually after daily refills the plastic pieces broke off. It just wasn't meant to be used daily maybe that's why professional pest controllers use METAL spray pumps. The only good that came out of broken spray pumps was me biting the bullet and buying a mist system. Especially since I'm not gonna have time to manually mist 3 times a day once I start school.

iv managed to make a misting system and it only cost me 13gbp:p so im well happy thanks for all ya help:D

how and where??? i've been trying to price up and look at parts for making a misting system ut have yet to go to any hardware stores and internet is to time comsuming (although i have found most things i need). But i would be very interested in how you made one for so cheap.

From my own research in to misters you get what you pay for. Expect to pay around £100 for a good one. Check out pollywog. http://shop.pollywog.co.uk/index.php?cPath=112_113 I haven't got one yet but will be investing in one.

I'd stay away from those pumps...bottom of the pit. I hate to rant on others, but one time I looked into importing them from italy for about $7USD each. 6 nozzles is about the max they can handle. Can't run dry, can't run for longer than I believe 2 minutes, heat up fast...Considering that a 6 nozzle system will run you 175GBP (~250USD), I'd do some more research. No timer either !

marty what would it cost me to get a system to mist 25 cages i want to keep the cost as low as posible?one nozzle per cage

marty what would it cost me to get a system to mist 25 cages i want to keep the cost as low as posible?one nozzle per cage

It all depends on your layout. Email me specifics of your setup and how the cages are arranged and I'll gladly help you design a system that will work for you. marty at mistking.com

Back
Top Bottom