Misting system

Tkkaplan

I'm considering getting a jacksons chameleon. But I don't really want to spend $100+ on a mister. I do have a fogger that I will use because without that I couldn't keep proper humidity for them. With my veiled I give him a very heavy misting with a manual sprayer before I leave the house in the morning and a few more lighter mistings after I get home and some days I'll leave on a dripper at a low setting. He is perfectly healthy and has white urates (not orange) and is perfectly hydrated. Would this schedule keep a jacksons hydrated? Or should I get a mister? Any help is appreciated.

I'm considering getting a jacksons chameleon. But I don't really want to spend $100+ on a mister. I do have a fogger that I will use because without that I couldn't keep proper humidity for them. With my veiled I give him a very heavy misting with a manual sprayer before I leave the house in the morning and a few more lighter mistings after I get home and some days I'll leave on a dripper at a low setting. He is perfectly healthy and has white urates (not orange) and is perfectly hydrated. Would this schedule keep a jacksons hydrated? Or should I get a mister? Any help is appreciated.
I have no clue about most aspects of Jackson's care, but I do know that if you decide to get a mister, mistking (or climist) is the only way to go, as those brands are the only ones not known to break.

We have a climist . Worth every penny !!.

I have no clue about most aspects of Jackson's care, but I do know that if you decide to get a mister, mistking (or climist) is the only way to go, as those brands are the only ones not known to break.
Yeah, if I get a jacksons and I decide to get a mister it will for sure be a mist king.

I have a mist king hooked up to 4 cages for 3 years. No promlems. To answer your question, I think that would be sufficient hydrateing

I have a mist king hooked up to 4 cages for 3 years. No promlems. To answer your question, I think that would be sufficient hydrateing
Thanks for the input, I decided to get a reptile with less day to day care because I did not feel like having more to deal with daily, but I will keep that in mind when I get my next Cham.

Jackson's require lots of water and high humidity I believe. A mist system is most likely necessary. Not to seem rude, but in the grand scheme of things with caring for Chams, $100 isn't much... these animals are expensive to maintain.

I told myself I wasn't going to get a Misting system because I have enough time to hand water. Yet after only 1 month of hand misting, I decided to suck it up and spend the $120 on a Mist King and now I would never go back. Having it set up automatic is not only easier to maintain, but its less stress for the cham, more hydration, you can go out of town and not worry about your cham, etc. I see it as a necessity in the long run as you will no doubt have some days that you will be unable to hand mist and without an automatic mister this can become an issue.

Back
Top Bottom