misting system

whitruss

hello everyone!
so im building my terrarium and now im starting to made the rainining system to help with the humidity.
so my ideia is to have like one or 2 drippers (made from botlles or smtng bigger for him to drink) and i was thinking on buildidng a raining system but that ideia dont see so viable now.
instaed i was looking for the rainign system outhere but they are si expensive :| still i think i will not be able to dogde from it so
my question here is this:
can you please tell me from your experience what should i get and why aswell as the price for it.
Thank you!

what i know so far is that the best ones around seem to be mistking and aquazamp systems (sorry if i couldnt revel names)

You can make one yourself with any booster pump... This is what I did for several years. When my pump broke a few weeks ago, I needed a new system. I checked the market for a new pump but I saw that building a new setup was only saving me a couple of bucks. A 30 dollars saving was not worth 3+ hours of my time to go hunt down components. I saw aquazamp and mistking... aquazamp is easier to get in the states and I liked that it all came in one set. Pick up an aquazamp, it runs pretty good. Its comparable to the mistking that a friend uses. If you need a complete setup and like Made in the USA branding, then pick an AQUAZAMP.

nice setup you have there, i guess you only used a solenoid valve and a timer, since you have the valve conected to the water grid, rigth? in my case i wont be able to do so, so ill neded a high pressure pump and a reservoir ( full diy rain system)

what i had to built is somethin like this but the valves and pumps are kinda killing me because i have no ideia on what should i need, ( i havent picked even the nozlles yet so i dont know the psis i will ned to create the rain effct) but it would probably look omething likr that.

This is my favorite one that I've found so far. Hope it helps. :) https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-own-rain-system-50100/

As for the raining kIts out there, i hear a lot of good thing about aquazamp and mistking the problem here is the price they ask for a started kit.. i mean i think 125D is kinda high for the material we are getting ( MY OPINION!!!! I DONT DOUBT THE SUPERIOR QUALITY OF THE PUMPS, MATERIALS AND GENERAL FUNCTION)
was also hopping to see any monson users or another system that might be out there

Thank you all for your help!
best regards

nice setup you have there, i guess you only used a solenoid valve and a timer, since you have the valve conected to the water grid, rigth? in my case i wont be able to do so, so ill ned a high pressure pump and a reservoir ( full diy rain system)

what i had to built is somethin like this but the valves and pumps are kinda killing me because i have no ideia on what should i need, ( i havent picked even the nozlles yet so i dont know the psis i will ned to create the rain effct) but it would probably look omething likr that.

This is my favorite one that I've found so far. Hope it helps. :) https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-own-rain-system-50100/

As for the raining kIts out there, i hear a lot of good thing about aquazamp and mistking the problem here is the price they ask for a started kit.. i mean i think 125D is kinda high for the material we are getting ( MY OPINION!!!! I DONT DOUBT THE SUPERIOR QUALITY OF THE PUMPS, MATERIALS AND GENERAL FUNCTION)
was also hopping to see any monson users or another system that might be out there

best regards

If all you need is a rain system, you don't need a high pressure pump, you can use a small pond pump. You can get those cheap at harbor freight. It is the mist systems that need the high pressure to properly atomize the droplets.

For the rain effect, you just need to poke some small holes in your PE tubing. It will only take a T fitting to make a loop, then run the base of the T down to your pump. Attach pump to timer. Simple, except for the drain requirements are higher than mist systems because of the higher volume of water.

Personally I will probably be going that route soon, not for cost because I already have a misting system in place. My chameleons hate the mist, but they love it when it shuts off and the nozzles just drip for awhile. I'm gonna go full rain and I think they will like it better.

Cheaper too. :)

nice setup you have there, i guess you only used a solenoid valve and a timer, since you have the valve conected to the water grid, rigth? in my case i wont be able to do so, so ill ned a high pressure pump and a reservoir ( full diy rain system)

best regards

I think you get quite a bit when you order the AquaZamp system. I'd say for most people, time is money... In the AquaZamp Premium systems you get everything needed except the water (costs a lot to ship water, and can be found locally to most customers pretty easily :p:D).

Things that are included:

• 1/4" tubing clips
  • Cage brackets (for mist systems)
  • Water Reservoir (NSF certified materials)
  • Predrilled holes for easy assembly
  • Plastic mounting hardware that won't rust
  • Made in USA high quality pump
  • Pump has 2 year warranty
  • Pump is adjustable
  • Pump can run dry, damage free
  • NSF certified fitting
  • NSF certified tubing
  • Pressure rated tubing (250PSI)
  • Pressure rated fittings (140PSI)
  • UV resistant tubing (won't burst or fracture from use under our harsh UV lights)
  • Best customer service EVER! :D

In the Express systems, it doesn't come with the predrilled water reservoir, but still includes the other bits so you can mount the pump to a reservoir of your choosing. The intent of the Express system is to be super fast getting to you. No 10 day waiting like you might find with a similarly priced canadian competitor. The other neat thing about the Express system is that it is the same pump as in the Premium systems, not a smaller version that will need to be upgraded later.

I am a DIY kind of guy, it's how AquaZamp started. My goals were to make it easier for people to have a high quality, made in the USA, food grade quality and complete system, with great customer support. I've done all the homework and foot work. I even invented the RainDome :D.

Back
Top Bottom