Misting system leaks?

Vegas Chad

Avid Member
Anybody ever have problems with your misting system? Leaking, hose burst, nozzle pop out… Anything like that which made for a big mess; I am looking for stories about this ways to avoid it.

Howdy,

I have found that polyurethane tubing that's rated at something like 100-125psi or more works great. Polypropylene tubing is cheaper and works fine too except that it isn't as flexible. Use what's called "quick connect" fittings. The tubing fits inside it not outside so no clamps are required. They are really easy to assemble and disassemble and are reasonably priced. You can get the fittings at Home Depot etc. The polyurethane tubing is harder to find while the polypropylene tubing is what some garden drip systems use. You'll probably be able to get by with 1/4" O.D. if you are running under 5-10 nozzles. Nozzles are also available with quick connect fittings from several places. My ProMist pump came with quick connect fittings :). Anyone want to buy my ~5 pounds of leftover regular non-quick connect brass fittings?

Iv had small poly tubing burst on me iv had no trouple with the braided polyurethane kind

braided polyurethane tubing, and clamps on everyting. has worked for me as well as extra rubber washer for the attachement to my tap(i need a new pump).

Here is a photo of my watering system... I have hose with hose clamps... I'm thinking about going to the quick connect fittings because some of my hoses bulge with the pressure my pump can generate.

I have not had any hoses burst... so no stories here, sorry.

This is a bit of an old pic. I have a better arrangement now (that cage isn't on the ground anymore).

IMG_6083RS.jpg

The most important thing about quick connect fittings is that the tubing's manufacturing tolerances match the fitting's tolerances. If you're using the same manufacturer for both, it's not a problem. However, using the stuff from Home Depot with stuff from the internet can cause trouble. In a perfect world, everything would work. However, if you get one company whose nozzles ran a few thousandths over one day and another whose tubing was a few thousandths under spec, then throw in 100psi of water or air, well, you can have a problem quickly.

summoner12...Holy! That misting system looks pretty intense, almost like it could supply water to a city block. My promist 60 and the home depot 5 gallon bucket that sits next to it looks like nothing compared to your watering system.

misting

Anybody ever have problems with your misting system? Leaking, hose burst, nozzle pop out… Anything like that which made for a big mess; I am looking for stories about this ways to avoid it.

Have you looked into the clips they sell for the hoses and nozzels. we use them on our pro-products system

ive had the polypropalene tubing burst about 5-6 times and i had qiuck connect fittings disconnect.

ive recently switched tubing to black 1/4 od polyethelene the stuff from drip depot.
i had 2 connections burst with the new tubing ,one was from a worn out fitting,i believe if you switch tubing you gotta get new fittings because they warp to fit the old tubing.

Back
Top Bottom