misting settings?

Hi.
I'm installing a MistKing in my terrarium right now. Just wondering the settings on your misters.
Thanks.

Currently I have mine set to go at 7:30am for 10 minutes, 1pm for 7 minutes, and at 5pm for 10 minutes. And before each of those I have it set to go on for 1 minute, off for a minute, and then the longer period. For some reason this causes my cham to drink more (don't ask why :rolleyes:). The key is to monitor your humidity, and your chams hydration levels (look at his eyes, and color of urates - eyes should be plump and full, not sunken, Urates should be white)

Mine starts at 8 am, goes off every 2 hours for 1 minute, and my guys are good.
last mist is at 6

Currently I have mine set to go at 7:30am for 10 minutes, 1pm for 7 minutes, and at 5pm for 10 minutes. And before each of those I have it set to go on for 1 minute, off for a minutes, and then the longer period. For some reason this causes my cham to drink more (don't ask why :rolleyes:). The key is to monitor your humidity, and your chams hydration levels (look at his eyes, and color of urates - eyes should be plump and full, not sunken, Urates should be white)

Hmmm... Interesting idea on the shower, pause, downpour method. I might have to give that a try.

I agree that a few long mistings a day are the way to go.

Hmmm... Interesting idea on the shower, pause, downpour method. I might have to give that a try.

I agree that a few long mistings a day are the way to go.

Yeah, I got the idea from another forum member (unfortunately I can't remember who...:eek:). But for some reason he always would hide when misting. Now he hides for the first, but then comes out after it stops, and when the second starts, he stays out, drinks, cleans out his eyes, etc. Not sure why - silly chams lol :D.

And yes, I like longer mistings as well. I feel it gives them a chance to do all the things I just described. Also, it seems like many chams need a longer shower to be induced to drink.

Thanks guys.
Unfortuntely, I was unable to finish the instalation. The tubing on the outflow side of the pump is loose and keeps getting pushed out. I've tried the set up with and without the dripzip. Same result. Double checked all the tubing connections and all are properly pushed it.

Thanks guys.
Unfortuntely, I was unable to finish the instalation. The tubing on the outflow side of the pump is loose and keeps getting pushed out. I've tried the set up with and without the dripzip. Same result. Double checked all the tubing connections and all are properly pushed it.

I would say forget about the dripzip - you really don't need it. Also, you really have to push hard on some of these fittings. Where exactly is it coming lose? On the connection from the pump out to the nozzle?

I would say forget about the dripzip - you really don't need it. Also, you really have to push hard on some of these fittings. Where exactly is it coming lose? On the connection from the pump out to the nozzle?

Yeah. Tube connecting directly to the pump. Outflow side. I've actually tried using a male connector on it and it still pushes the tube out. I'll try putting the pump up a bit higher. I was thinking maybe the pump and the nozzles are too far apart and the nozzles are too high. Maybe it was having trouble pumping water out that high and pressure is building up on the pump?

Always push the tube in all the way and then pull it back (pretty hard) to lock it in place

Yeah. I know what you're saying. I just don't think the outflow side of my pump has that locking mechanism. I've even tried holding the tube in place while it runs and there's still quite a bit of pressure pushing on it. I can't leave that unattended on a timer. I'll go home to a soaked living room .

Back
Top Bottom