misting duration for baby veileds

whysoez420

I have a mistking I'm just wondering how long I should mist my 1 month old veiled for. Like the number of minutes per mist. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have never used a Mistking on babies but you are not going to want to mist for a minute or you'll drown him. I lightly hand mist babies three time a day. I like to use the box wood plastic plant in the bottom of my baby bins and the water puddles up on the leaves so the babies can drink.

Last edited:
I won't be home during the day at all until around 4 or 5 please I need help on what to do with the mistking. I don't want to drown him :(

I really need help from someone knowledgeable on baby veileds. I have no choice but to use a mistking to mist my cham.

I really need help from someone knowledgeable on baby veileds. I have no choice but to use a mistking to mist my cham.

Try doing 20-30 second mists 3-4 times a day for your baby veilds if you're not going to be home. You can do seconds on the mistking timer I think, i've never done it but I'm pretty sure you can.

I'd also recommend cup feeding crickets if you wont be back before his/her lights go off.

You will have to experiment a little to ensure that your humidity levels are good and there is no puddling, but I would suggest more sessions and short duration. Also, you can offer some fresh greens daily if you want to supplement hydration. (Not all veileds will eat them, but I know mine loved a treat when offered as a baby!)

Back
Top Bottom