Misting, dripper or both

Sanababit

Hello all, i am 3 week old hobby enthusiast and this will be my first post, lol, i bought a panther chameleon 3 weeks ago to the day, he is about 2 1/2-3 months, he is in a 16x16x30 screen cage with a diy dripper and a mistking system with 2 nozzles, my schedule for misting is 1 minute every 2 hours or so, it really get things wet and humidity stays fairly up between 35% midday to 70-80% all night, my cage is next to a window that is opened all the time and has a great view for the little guy, he gets some sunlight thru the screen window and he seems to love it, anyways, if i use the automatic misting system can i remove the dripper or just leave it?, here are some pics of the setup
73ee04201f1f4a150aa7378d3989673f.jpg
ece1334892d9ff84341969194e34805a.jpg
600427ca35d2846e8798efb47339911a.jpg

Sana

Welcome to the forums and congrats on that little cutie! I recommend using a mister and dripped. When I mist it gets my guys in the mood to drink and then they will drink for a long time after the misting. I think you are misting to much. Two to three times a day should be enough. The cage should dry out between each misting. Be very careful with his cage in front of the window. Babies heat up really fast and with the sun coming in it could heat him up and being caged he could not get out of the sun/heat. My daughter lost a chameleon years ago from doing the very same thing you are doing. Below is my blog for new keepers. It's how I have successfully kept veileds and panthers for years.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

More great info here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/chameleons/

Thanks for the advice, i will take it into account, one question tough, that spot where the cage is doesnt get sun all day, maybe from 2 to 7 pm and the temp gauge goes up to 80, the cage does get a breeze all the time from living near the ocean and the cage has a lot of shade, but if its too much i will definently change the cages location, i will lower the misting every 2 hours for 20-30 seconds, same interval but lower time misting, thanks for the help

Sana

What are you using to measure temp? Some gauges by Exo Terra and other brands are bad and tend to stick around 80 even on 100 degree days.

Jannb is right about the window if the sun is coming in too direct.

What are you using to measure temp? Some gauges by Exo Terra and other brands are bad and tend to stick around 80 even on 100 degree days.

Jannb is right about the window if the sun is coming in too direct.

The zoomed temp and humidity gauges, maybe get digital ones?, i must confess that i am no really anal about everything, i do care for my pets (have a salwater aquarium running since 2007), but it is impossible to do everything by the book, i just do my best and i enjoy my little pets

I will find a new place for him, thanks

Sana

Back
Top Bottom