Misting different species

DeviousMike

So I have a mist king and 3 different species- A panther, a veiled, and a jackson's. I have set the timer to mist several times a day to accommodate the Jackson's needs. Now is this going to have a negative impact on my other two species? Are they being "overwatered"?

have you looked into putting different types of nozzles on them, that would accomodate the amount of water sprayed on to each species. The jacksons would probably be best with a fine mist and the other could be a course spray almost like a dripper. I dont think your overwatering them, just check your humidity levels on each.

have you looked into putting different types of nozzles on them, that would accomodate the amount of water sprayed on to each species. The jacksons would probably be best with a fine mist and the other could be a course spray almost like a dripper. I dont think your overwatering them, just check your humidity levels on each.

Different nozzles? They have those? Wow thanks for the 411! Guess I have to dip into the wallet again! If I have to change them out, I'm going premium! :D

Different nozzles? They have those? Wow thanks for the 411! Guess I have to dip into the wallet again! If I have to change them out, I'm going premium! :D

Not sure if mistking has them but I know a local hardware store offers them and you can make a fit.

If you really want to get into it you can put a seperate inline valve that you can set on a timer to open every other misting or such. This will cost more but less than another mist king. say you spray the jacksons and 10,1,3,and 5 with the inline valve, it will open and mist the veiled and panther on a seperate time say at 10 and 5. This will take some tech skills though.

Hmm, that could be another big project...I'm not so worried about it right now as we have dry winters so I figure the extra moisture can't hurt any of them right?

I wouldnt worry too much because as long as the humidity is right and they are hydrated you must be doing it right.

Mist king has different nozzles marty has a select few. but the extra water is better it wont hurt them the more the better i find works great.

2.2 Ambi 1.1 Nosey 1.1 veild 28 babies

it depends on your set up, screen cage or partly screened enclosure, it it a custom enclosure? pics of all the set ups would help alot, do you have proper drainage? will the water gather at the bottom? i spray my chams 3 times a day and i know others who do also, and i also know that chams can develope skin infections if kept at too high humidity and stagnant air. i would be wary if was you and keep a close eye on them as they all have different temp and humidity ranges because there are 3 species involved.

rob

Back
Top Bottom