Misting chams? This okay?

NewOwner

Hey! I juts misted my chams cage, (Although she has 2 drippers, also) And i misted her (She was looking dry, and eyes were sunken kinda) so i sprayed her, and her cage.. the water was awarm.. but not hot.. and just average temperature... i sprayed her, and she seemed to love it, she flattened out and stood on a stick right up front (Im geussing so i could spay her, then she started drinking off of her Ficus

Anyways, im just wondering, Is msting ok?

Does it stress them?

:) Thanks!

BTW The way she looked when i misted her was beautiful.. she really looked happy... i dont think she likes the plant in her cage right now, so im gonna get more... :)

I in no way want to discourage you from inquiring about your cham or chams in general but the "search" tool is EXTREMELY useful.... and even more poignant here is misting is one of the MOST basic, well known and implemented ways of keeping humidity/hydration up... how are you asking if its ok when youve had your cham for atleast a few weeks now and were even asking about breeding and such... research and searching are KEY.

im pretty sure misting is one of the main ways we hydrate our chams lol. some of them dont like to be sprayed directly, but at least around them and on the plants.

Oh, and in regards to stress, how a cham reacts to misting really depends on so many factors, its age, how new to misting it is, how hard the mist is, what temp the water is, how direct the spray is, etc, etc. For younger chams, and especially ones that are getting used to misting, just make sure its not directly in their eyes, not a very forceful mist, and use some nice hot water. My panther showed very little appreciation for the vigilant mistings for a good period of time after he arrived but now he loves to soak it up.

If it seems to REALLY stress her out, just try to mist the cage itself and watch out for her, even perhaps wait till she is under some leaves or in a secluded area so you can mist the rest easily.

I did spray her... i know to mist, i mist 3-5 times a day, was asking if its OK for chams to be sprayed, And if it causes stress... I Know That i NEED to mist the cage... :l

Yes it is ok to spray your cham if she doesn't mind. Sometimes mine do the same thing, come right up to the nozzle and open up! I make sure I spray gently when they do that. They just drink and drink! Yum.

Misting

Yes its great for chams as long as your not misting all day. A few times a day and your cham will love you. Its good for their skin when shed time comes. As far as stress goes just dont mist so hard that you blow him/her off a branch. Dustin.

Hey! I juts misted my chams cage, (Although she has 2 drippers, also) And i misted her (She was looking dry, and eyes were sunken kinda) so i sprayed her, and her cage.. the water was awarm.. but not hot.. and just average temperature... i sprayed her, and she seemed to love it, she flattened out and stood on a stick right up front (Im geussing so i could spay her, then she started drinking off of her Ficus

Anyways, im just wondering, Is msting ok?

Does it stress them?

:) Thanks!

BTW The way she looked when i misted her was beautiful.. she really looked happy... i dont think she likes the plant in her cage right now, so im gonna get more... :)

hey, im not trying to rip or make fun but ive noticed you have been asking a lot of questions about chameleons that if youve ever read a care sheet you would know. im not saying dont ask questions but like one of the other members said, the search key. you should be doing your own homework on chameleons and not depending on everyone giving you answers. there are tons of sites out there that can answer your questions about chameleons. try one, you dont find your answer then ask in the forums. im just trying to help you out or you will end up with a lot of responces to your questions like this thread.

Yes its great for chams as long as your not misting all day. A few times a day and your cham will love you. Its good for their skin when shed time comes. As far as stress goes just dont mist so hard that you blow him/her off a branch. Dustin.

i think that is no longer called misting. A proper word for that is hosing.:eek:
To answer the original poster question, I don't normally mist baby chameleon directly. But, as far as adult goes, i think a direct mist here and there won't hurt.

i think that is no longer called misting. A proper word for that is hosing.:eek:
To answer the original poster question, I don't normally mist baby chameleon directly. But, as far as adult goes, i think a direct mist here and there won't hurt.

Thank you for answering dodolah, Seems everything i said everyone took the wrong, thats exactly what my qustinon was

Is it alright to mist my Chameleon

Everyone answers, thinking i dont mist at all! Hahaha

Thank you...

It's not that we don't think you mist at all its just a strange question when you think of how available the information on the subject is. Also, since you have been asking ALOT of questions and have been told numerous times to use search AND to READ the raisingkitty care sheet which WILL answer almost all of your questions, it makes it difficult to understand exactly whats going on on your end of the screen..

Yes you are probaly right, colorchanginclick, but i did read that site.. and ive read julirs site, and many others, nothing has been said on any sites about misting your chameleon, it just sayd about misting the cage (I think..) lol

It's not that we don't think you mist at all its just a strange question when you think of how available the information on the subject is. Also, since you have been asking ALOT of questions and have been told numerous times to use search AND to READ the raisingkitty care sheet which WILL answer almost all of your questions, it makes it difficult to understand exactly whats going on on your end of the screen..

We try to answer all questions here, and we hear the same questions over and over, but each time someone asks it is their first time. New Owner, I hope you got your question answered. If not, please let me know and I will try to help.

i have my spray set at its finest and hold it pointing up and to the side of my veiled so that he gets covered with splashes and has no choice but to drink, i stop so he can swallow what gathers on his mouth then when he is ready i spray again stopping at intervals and he walks away when he has had enough.he doesn't stress and seems to enjoy it,the water i use is slightly more than room temperature any cooler and he doesn't like it and i also use reptisafe in the water

We try to answer all questions here, and we hear the same questions over and over, but each time someone asks it is their first time. New Owner, I hope you got your question answered. If not, please let me know and I will try to help.

Don't get me wrong I definitely understand this and like I said I'm not discouraging the questions. And also, I've been on this forum only since end of july and was completely new to chams and since then I have two...... look at my posts and look at his (he has started 31 threads in 17 days!), there is certainly no problem with asking questions but it honestly is rediculous that every time something comes up it is asked immediately or only after one search instead of doing some research... why I feel this is a problem is what happens when a person like this looses access for whatever reason to this valuable source of info and is then left without any knowledge of not only how to care for their cham but also properly find out the info to do so.

just my .02, and like I said I'm not trying to convey hostility, just honestly trying to make things easier for him for all walks of life.. learning to learn on your own is important

Last edited:
BTW I did answer his question and did it thoroughly without hesitation, it doesn't hurt to remind people of the absolute wonder that is searching. HONESTLY THINK about it... what would you rather have as someone who cares about chams, someone who posts a question and waits for a reply all the while their cham is obviously not benefiting from the question being asked OR someone who SEARCHES for the answer to their question and generally gets IMMEDIATE results and then can implement them as they wish...

when I start misting the cage moose like runs to where i'm misting and sits under it. :p So like everyone else said, yes it should be fine to mist them. If they get to cold they will just goto the basking spot and warm up.

In the wild they get rained on so them being misted isn't something that will kill your chameleon

Back
Top Bottom