Misting and/or Humdifier

sillycupid

I am planning on getting a carpet chameleon pair housed in two separate screened (or glass terrarium, not sure yet) enclosures. Would I be able to setup an automatic misting system set to go off four times a day so the cage can dry between misting and get away with no humidifier? Should I implement both an automatic mister and humidifier? Or should I first set up the misting system, get my stats, and decide from there?

I am planning on getting a carpet chameleon pair housed in two separate screened (or glass terrarium, not sure yet) enclosures. Would I be able to setup an automatic misting system set to go off four times a day so the cage can dry between misting and get away with no humidifier? Should I implement both an automatic mister and humidifier? Or should I first set up the misting system, get my stats, and decide from there?

Both major misting companies that most people on these forums use (aqua zamp rain dome, and MistKing) both have electronic timers to be able to program when the units turn on, when they turn off, and how many times a day to run... the potential ways to configure it are nearly endless.

The automatic mister its self should be sufficient to keep humidity levels where you want them without the need of a separate humidifier.

Thank you for your response! I'll probably make my own mister. I am apart of the pico reef community and it would be shame on me if I did not make my own plumbing. I have the PVC, hose, valves and timers to do the job just laying around.

I'm not sure what humidity levels are required for carpet chameleons but the only reason to get a humidifier is if the humidity in the enclosure is too low and you can't increase it with live plants or anything. This is a more common problem with screen cages. So the humidifiers purpose would then be to increase the humidity of the entire room to around 40-60% and the auto-mister would just be for necessary humidity spikes up to around 85%, with time to dry in between of course. So if your humidity levels are fine without a humidifier, and you can just keep it in check with a hand mister, then there is no need for a humidifier.

Back
Top Bottom