Misters pros & cons

DABRUTE

What are the pros and cons of having one? Do you suggest them!? What brand! Is it easier to get a fogger? Better to just spray daily!? Any pics of your set up using these?

I've got a Mistking, and as eveyone els say "why didnt' I get one erlier?!".
I haven't had any bad experience with my mister so far.
The only 'con' thingy I can find is that some people find the misters expensive. But IMO they'r worth every penny.

I'll try to post a pic of my setup later.

I've got a Mistking, and as eveyone els say "why didnt' I get one erlier?!".
I haven't had any bad experience with my mister so far.
The only 'con' thingy I can find is that some people find the misters expensive. But IMO they'r worth every penny.

I'll try to post a pic of my setup later.

thanks! how much did it cost? does you have a drain cut out at the bottom of your enclosure?

I live in Sweden so I had some difficulty to find one here in europe (cause of taxes, duty etc.) So I wrote to Mark (If I remember correct) at Mistking and he hooked me up with a guy in europe who only soled Mistking within his nation. So all in all I thinked I payed something like 250$ for the 'Ultimate Mistking set' (that's was the only set he soled). So if you don't got the biggest setup you won't need ultimate.

To the drainage I drilled 4 wholes of the size of 1/4" (I think that's correct, about 1cm) around the biggest plant pot in the cage that makes the 'floor' weigh down so all the water can collect at one spot.

Mistking, all the way.

And as Bunke said, I wish I had gotten it earlier.

I paid 180 for the ultimate set up, and currently run 4 nozzles, but I will be adding 6 more on soon.

Best money every spent. I can go to work all day and never had to worry about them getting water.

Mistking, all the way.

And as Bunke said, I wish I had gotten it earlier.

I paid 180 for the ultimate set up, and currently run 4 nozzles, but I will be adding 6 more on soon.

Best money every spent. I can go to work all day and never had to worry about them getting water.

What about those, that can't afford that?

nah i work...lol i'm home in the evenings.

I worked an 8-5 job, and I found that my guys weregetting dehydrated a bit when I just ran a dripper all day, and misted by hand in the mornings and when I got home.

It was corrected when I installed a mister to go off every 2 hours.

I worked an 8-5 job, and I found that my guys weregetting dehydrated a bit when I just ran a dripper all day, and misted by hand in the mornings and when I got home.

It was corrected when I installed a mister to go off every 2 hours.
when you say dripper...what is that actually? where do i set it up at? any pics?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2752587

Its basically a bottle with a hose that drips water into your cage,
you regulate the speed of the drip base don the valve attached to the bottle.

I used to have it set on top of my cages, with the hose end pushed through a hole I made in the cage top to drip onto the leaves in the cage.

but it wasn't enough water for them, so I bought a mister.

I have a Monsoon RS 400. I maintain it very well. Don't use the fill opening on top. I just take the top off and fill with distilled water. Some people say it is junk but, I have no problems with it or the timer. I got it off Ebay for 60 some odd dollars. Keep an eye on Ebay for deals on those and craislist.

I used to mist with the Mist King with a nozzle in each cage, and it worked well. The only issue with mist nozzles is that some chams do not like the mist, and the mist would hit the sides of the screen when leaves grew, or chams climbed, and I would get over spray out side the cage. Not a good thing to happen in my house......

The solution was to use the Mist King pump, get 1/4 inch black soaker hose at Lowes, cut a 24 inch piece off, cap the end, and I made a 24 inch drip system that i zip-tied inside to the top branches in my cages. That solved the misting spray through the screen problem. This also got enough water into all the plants, and covered a wider area.

By having the hose inside, I didn't impact my room on top of the cage. My Pen Plex cage has an opening for the hose to enter the cage; you could just poke a 1/4 inch hole to get it inside.

You can get pond pumps at hardware stores, and as long as you get one that has enough power, it will work like the Mist King.

I started out my Vield with a fogger and hand spraying him 6-10 times a day.
Once the fogger broke (they seem to brake ALOT!!!) I just wasn't home enough to "ONLY" spray him.
I must tell you- I wish I had always purchased the mister! If it was double the $, I would STILL buy it! I actually just modified it and connected it to my 20 gallon fish tank to create a bigger reservoir for it.

I LOVE IT.
Seriously, stop reading this and just go buy it ;) I promise its worth it!

as you can see you can get the ultimate set for about 180 in the US cause you got much lower taxes than we do. So forget my 250.

But if you only run like 1 cage it will be more than enough with the basic system.

Back
Top Bottom