Mister

davemailcall

Has anyone had experience with this particular type?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=6016+6021+9738&pcatid=9738

I've seen a lot of DIY stuff online but I have come to the conclusion that I'm not that skilled to put one together. I live in an apartment so I can't hook anything up to a hose or whatnot. I built the cage...woodwork is one thing, plumbing is something different.

I can't really afford some of the nice $200 models I've seen, so I wanted to know if this is ok for a standard veiled in a 24x24x48 cage.

Also something I have wondered...do you guys keep your water heated or is it just room temperature? If heated, how do you heat it?

Ive heard alot of bad things about the habba mist. I hear its really loud and the mist isnt even really a mist its just kinda sprays it out.lol

HabbaSPIT. I have heard nothing but bad things about it. There was a thread last week, I think that it had a few things positive. My opinion is to use a pump up hand mister till you can afford a nice mister. I did that, and finally got a HerpMist mister, and WOW. This is so quite, and the mist is like a fog. I went from handmisting 3 times a day for a minute or so each to misting to 5 sessions that are 5 minutes long(I am going to boost that up) I use so much less water with the Herpmist it is crazy.

Dude. They are loud. Mine scares the heck out of me everytime it comes on. It's better to just hand mist or save up for a good one. I don't even have mine hooked up anymore.

I purchased the habbmist as my first mister. After 1 day of using it I knew it was not going to work out. It holds a very small amount of water. Does not really mist per say, it just squirts water out in small beads and a stream. It's really clumsy. The tubes will quickly grow mold/algae inside because they are transparent and the lights promote algae growth.

If you can't afford the the Promist PM50 (I think its $150 not sure) then I would seriously wait until you can. Save your money. Buy a hand held pump sprayer and just do it manually 2-3x a day until you have the money.

Dude. They are loud. Mine scares the heck out of me everytime it comes on.

Yeah, now wait until the wife hears it in the middle of the night after the kids mess up the timer! :) That's not a phonecall anyone wants to get! You'd think I would've learned after I left the air compressor on that one time!

(You know, I ought to add a clip of the audio level of the HabbaMist to my MistPump Noise Test video. Thanks for the idea!)

We have a 1,900 square feet, "L" shaped house. My chameleon is in the spa room that's the southwest corner of the house (the end of the "L"). Our bedroom is about as far away from the cham cage as you can get and we could hear it every time it ran, day or night. Wholesale cost on the HabbaMist is $38-45, give or take. The distributors are probably paying about $25 from ZooMed, and ZooMed is making money on it. It's a cheap, cheap pump, so has to be loud. There's no way around it.

One thing that I noticed personally that has been confirmed by customers who upgraded from a HabbaMist is that the chams don't RUN from sound of the mist once the HabbaSpit's gone. (Well, there really isn't any sound from real mist pumps, mainly it's the sound of mist falling on leaves.) Many folks say that it's first time their chams actually seek out the mist instead of running from it. Heck, I would be a little on edge if I had one of those things going off right next to my head several times a day.

That HabbaMist has a place, but it usually ends up in the closet next to the ten gallon aquarium that the PetNotSoSmart employees sell to new iguana owners.

Thanks for the great advice! I'll put aside my $50 that I was gonna use on that and it will instead get me 1/3 the way to getting a quality mister.

I've been hand misting for the last 6 months, a few more won't hurt!!

Pro-products misting system WOW!

Best system out their we ever used hands down.This is what we looked for that lead us to us theirs over others, 3 yr warranty on pump , super fine mirco mist that floats in the air not drenching cage. Cleanable nozzels not plastic nozzels that expand and contract with hot and cold temps making droplet size change with temps. Ever tried cleaning a plastic nozzel its very hard and if you use a pin be very careful not to expand the hole. Comes with tubing that wont kink , 7 day programmable timer , Super quite pump that can run dry without even getting hot. This pump is self priming and runs cooler without water pumping through it. Can handle 15+ nozzels , parts come with a 1yr warranty. The company has 35 years in the making with their system found through out the USA AND other countries in ZOO's and factories. Has adjustable arms to focus misting where you need it that are lockable. Being we all have chameleons here they will climb against the nozzel and move it not with lockable ones no worries about having water being sprayed on the carpet or floor without you knowing when your not at home. Our system is running smooth well over 5 years now. They also have excellent R/O SYSTEMS and filters to help clean out deposits in water lines.
www.pro-products.com
Do the comparision like we did cant be beat....

I think you mean a "2 year warranty" on the pump since that's what Aquatec offers. They are the finest pumps on the market, for sure.

warranty

Not all info is going to be posted to many past people try to copy them,but they dont realize he has patents and does take legal action to protect them. Ive been dealing with them for over 8yrs now its a 3 yr warranty plus 1 yr parts as of now.

Back
Top Bottom