mister or dripper?

I use drippers and hand misters together. I cut a small hole in the top of my cages and use zip ties to hold them in place.

I've used drippers with hand misting a couple times a day, and I've used misters (I use patio misters) for about 20 minutes a couple times a day indoors, all afternoon in the heat of the summer outdoors. I had healthy chameleons both ways, but my chameleons clearly prefer the mister with at least 20 minutes of mist time per misting. So that is what I do nowadays.

Once again, mis-information given by Bechsgaard. The monsoon was taken off the shelf due to malfunctions about 6 months ago BUT those problems were fixed and Exo Terra stood by thier products and replaced the malfunctioning products....... they are back on the shelf and working great.IMO, if u asked anyone on here more than likely most of them would say don't waste ur money on the Habba mister.....
have you seen how rough the "mist" on the monsoon is, The habba mister, is rough in comparison to products like mist king, but the monsoon is still receiving complaints for maufunctions like the mist timer breaking and it squirting for an hour

have you seen how rough the "mist" on the monsoon is, The habba mister, is rough in comparison to products like mist king, but the monsoon is still receiving complaints for maufunctions like the mist timer breaking and it squirting for an hour

I'm not gonna argue with you about this. I'm sure the second people purchase the Habbaspitter they are gonna realize what a piece of junk it is and return it.....

I have the Habba spitter. It is loud enough to scare me and the Chams aren't too particular on it either. It just dribbles out water on one spot. Big waste of money.

In choosing the method of watering your cham you have options. The best option for you comes down to the size and type of your cage. The species is also a factor.

I currently have on one set up the exo terra Monsoon. While some here dislike it I've had nothing but good things to say about it. Using trial and error I determined what the number of mists per day and the length for each needed to be for the terrarium in question. I did add a $9 digital timer however. I simply set the timer for when I want the system to go on and off since some folks indicated the internal timer has failed on some units and then just leave the Monsoon on. Works great. Quiet. No issues.

For multiple cages in the Herp room, I have a rainforest jr system set up to cover them all. Also on a 9$ digital timer , it goes off when I want it to. This system can cause issues however if the pump runs dry. Only use if you are confident in keeping your water level checked. Having a young child trying to earn money for his Skylanders collection helps in this endeavour ;) (My pump runs dry and I'm selling your Wii to get a new one). Tad noisy however.

As for drip systems, they are recommended. Any individual who would suggest otherwise loses my respect instantly. With mist systems, the occassional cham will not drink as they are getting soaked. Some get mad instead. Also you are not always going to have enough water after the misting is done depending on the set up (enough leaves? Will the animal lose drops as they go from branch to branch?)

While using mist systems, my habit has been to use a drip every other day. I set the drip (by controlling how much wate I put in it and adjusting the valve)to where it will only be running for maybe 15 mins. If the Cham is thirsty despite having a mist system they'll head over to the tube and take a long swig.

Hand misting is always an option too.

And if you were a Parsonii keeper, you'd be using that drip system hands down over a mister. The amount of water those baby's require was unreal back in my day. They would come just sit and suck on it like a straw for 10 mins......no way a mister is going to be left on for 10 mins a pop for most habitats.

my .02

not sure if someone said it cuz its late wanted to put my 2 cents in. it all depends on how fast everything drys and if u have a prob with humidity or not. and if ur chamlikes getting misted and drinks when misted.

i made a dripper and i hand mist 2 times a day.
took one of the large cups u get the large superworms in and poked a hole in it with the tip of a thumbtac and have it set on top of the screen. drips onto live plants. it holds about 2 cups of water and lasts about 4 hours.

i have over 12 live plants in my cage and the humidity says around 65% without misting.
i mist till it sounds like its raining in the cage and dont mist again till everything is dry it and drops belore 60%.
but not everyone has a cage the size of mine (4'w x 2'9''d x 5'9''t ) for just 1 cham. but there also many with larger cages than mine and i want them after i have the room for them

mover posts people mostly use both a mister and dripper.t all depends on your cham. mine hates getting misted and will hide till everything stopd dripping, but loves the shower and loves the dripper. he will sit under the dripper to drink or touch the screen where i have it that day to make it drip faster to dink. he also drinks in the shower.

not sure why he doesnt like misting. i use the same temp water as in the dripper and in the shower. but thats just how he is.

i miht get a mister this summer cuz i will be working out of town and not have the time to mist when needed with the hotter temps

Just thought you all should know.....

The OP no longer has any chameleons.

Therefore the topic is moot.

:D

Back
Top Bottom