Mist king vs reptifogger

Crossingtami

Avid Member
I am upgrading karmas enclosure. Bought a new dragon strand enclosure and new lighting fixtures. I currently have a reptifogger. Should I buy a mist king system? I've read that everyone seems to have them and no one has reptifogger....

Reptifogger is for fogging, mistking is for mistking.
How do you mist?
I used to have a reptirain, but it was crap. It only let me mist for a max of 1 minute. Then I had a monsoon, only let me mist for a max of 2 minutes.
With a mistking you can mist for as long as you want, and have it set for any time length apart between mistings. It's certainly the way to go.

If it is doing what you need there is no reason to upgrade. If you are looking to upgrade MistKing is the way to go. I am a tinkerer and a DYI er. I have gone after the misting systems for a while. At best I have saved $30 to $40 going with different DIY setups. At the end of the day it simply is not worth the hassle. I see MistKings for as low as 130 to 150 shopping around, good mister heads right presser and even the base timer has 9 settings with full control of when and how long. Just soo much easier and reliable than trying to save a few dollars.
But like I said, If yours is doing the job there is no reason to spent more money.

How do you mist?
I used to have a reptirain, but it was crap. It only let me mist for a max of 1 minute. Then I had a monsoon, only let me mist for a max of 2 minutes.
With a mistking you can mist for as long as you want, and have it set for any time length apart between mistings. It's certainly the way to go.
I fog during the night . Timer set 1 am - 4 am. I hand mist during the day

If it is doing what you need there is no reason to upgrade. If you are looking to upgrade MistKing is the way to go. I am a tinkerer and a DYI er. I have gone after the misting systems for a while. At best I have saved $30 to $40 going with different DIY setups. At the end of the day it simply is not worth the hassle. I see MistKings for as low as 130 to 150 shopping around, good mister heads right presser and even the base timer has 9 settings with full control of when and how long. Just soo much easier and reliable than trying to save a few dollars.
But like I said, If yours is doing the job there is no reason to spent more money.
I bought an IV line to make a dripper. The water bottle with a pinhole does work for me

Sounds like a good deal. So really the mistking will just replace your hand mister. It's really about personal preference.
download.png

I bought an IV line to make a dripper. The water bottle with a pinhole does work for me

So Yes like Amanda says, it is personal preference. If I had just one pet Cham, I don't think I would invest It is fun to care for them.
I have different cages and other animal and kids so for me the convenience is what I pay for.

Keep up with what you're doing. The Mistking system is great if you can't mist all day long due to being at work or something like that. Your fogging schedule is good too.

How do you mist?
I bought a MK, but I haven't (had to) set it to run for longer than 2 min. at a time anyway.
I have it set up to mist 5X within 24 hrs., but I could have done that with a digital timer.
Not saying it's bad or anything. The automation is fine.
Now if I could find a way to automate myself to refill the reservoir... :rolleyes: :LOL:

I bought a MK, but I haven't (had to) set it to run for longer than 2 min. at a time anyway.
I have it set up to mist 5X within 24 hrs., but I could have done that with a digital timer.
Not saying it's bad or anything. The automation is fine.
Now if I could find a way to automate myself to refill the reservoir... :rolleyes: :LOL:
Thanks you just reminding me to fill my reservoirs ?

Back
Top Bottom