Mist King vs. Aquazamp

CrazyChamLady13

I've been looking at the 2 and trying to decide which one would be suit me and my. family better. This is NOT a debate post. I realize that everyone has their own opinion and preference. Right now and when my little Guy gets here, I'm a stay at home mom and can hand spray when needed. But I'm looking to go back to work now that my son is going to school. So, need something to get it nice in there when I'm out.

So can anyone share their opinions, pros and cons of both products?

Thank you for reading!

I have a mistaking and couldn't do without it. Mistaking is made in Canada. Aquazamp is made in USA. From what I read on here they are both excellent products .

I'm a strong proponent of the AquaZamp. In my opinion, you get a much better pump for the the money with the AZ. I hear the timers are much better also, as one of the people who recommended the AZ to me said they've had the MK timers fail on them.

I have the MistKing and am very happy with it. The AquaZamp does have the raindome feature if your cham prefers more of a "rain" effect to mist.

As a AZ owner, i can say the pump is not adapted to fit the 1/4" line, its factory made for the 1/4" line, so you never hear of AZ setups leaking. Other than that the AZ uses a transformer style 24v converter, while the MK uses a switch mode power supply. Id say the timers are a mute point since both just use an off the shelf hydroponics timers. Mine also runs a minute fast each month. So in 6 months ill be waking up 6min early :)

Ok thank you all for the advice... one more question. Does anyone know the dimensions of the aquazamp square bucket? Need to make sure that I have room for it in the stand. :)

I have a AZ and its about 10.5x10.5x17 length x width x height. I'm rounding up by at least a half inch

I just set up my mistKing. I can say that I really like it. It is very quiet. and before I got it, my Chams HATED being misted.

Now they love it due to the fine mist of the MistKing. Not to mention you can program the timer to go off 8 times, for any amount of time you choose.

I am very happy with the mistking. And the customer service was very good.

I don't know which is better of those two - but I do know that you should not get a Monsoon no matter how cheap they have it on sale- :mad:

Rain Dome and Adding another Enclosure?

How does the AquaZamp RainDome work with additional enclosures? Do you need to buy an additional raindome system?

I just set up my mistKing. I can say that I really like it. It is very quiet. and before I got it, my Chams HATED being misted.

Now they love it due to the fine mist of the MistKing. Not to mention you can program the timer to go off 8 times, for any amount of time you choose.

I am very happy with the mistking. And the customer service was very good.

I agree, my veiled hated being misted and now he will sit still and let the water hit him. It's very quiet to which is nice

Quick question since I am shopping around, the aquazamp prem collectors...how many nozzles does it support? Anyone know? I can't find a number on the site.
Nevermind, I found it, 15 nozzles. So, you like aquazamp better than mist king?

Are there any side by side comparisons or reviews of both systems anywhere by someone that has owned both systems? Something like thing would be very helpful.

Are there any side by side comparisons or reviews of both systems anywhere by someone that has owned both systems? Something like thing would be very helpful.

That's what I'd like to see. Since one advertises a pump made in USA and the other uses a China pump, I'd like a fair comparison of the noise level and as well as flow and pressure comparison. I don't care where it is made so much as how it performs. Also a fair comparison of the timers on ease of use and reliability. Also, how do the nozzles differ both in pattern, droplet micron size, and flow rates and not just from a technical aspect but a "that looks better" or "my chameleon liked this one better" point of view.

Mike if I may add,

also their customer service policy, how quickly and fairly do they respond to trouble.

will they back and stand behind their products or will they ignore your requests in time of need?

stuck in same position

im also stuck in the same position as i dont know what one to purchase... can you use the raindome with a mistking setup tho?

Back
Top Bottom