Mist King starter vs. Monsoon RS400

goettemm

Hi,

I am looking at getting a mister and am concerned with some of the timer issues/large spray of the RS400 but, am confused on why I need a bulkhead/sealed bucket for the Mist King? Can't it pump directly up out of the bucket? What is the maximum head for each pump? I was thinking of placing the mister below my cabinet that will house a 48" high enclosure.

Thanks! This forum rocks!

-Mike

The two systems are incomparable the mistking is far superior.
The starter mistking can run upto 8 nozzles and the pump can suck up the water but it is easier on the pump and works better with the fitting low in the bucket. The bucket does not need to be sealed. Its super easy to do.
I have my pump and resivoir under a table that hold my cages and it has no problem misting

The two systems are incomparable the mistking is far superior.
The starter mistking can run upto 8 nozzles and the pump can suck up the water but it is easier on the pump and works better with the fitting low in the bucket. The bucket does not need to be sealed. Its super easy to do.
I have my pump and resivoir under a table that hold my cages and it has no problem misting

Agreed 100%. The MistKing is easy to set up... only other thing you will need is a 5 gallon bucket, and you will have a guarantee with the MistKing if anything goes wrong. I've heard far too many bad things about the Monsoon.

Lighting Question?

Got it, will go with the Mist King. I noticed the sale at Josh's frogs. Another quick question. I am curious if anyone uses a dual lamp fixture (1 UVB) and one full-spectrum to assist in plant growth?

Thanks,

Mike

We use dual fixtures with one UVB bulb and one 6500K bulb. Combined with our AquaZamp misters, we never have to take care of our plants except to trim them back.

Back
Top Bottom