Mist King or AquaZamp? Please help me decide.

tatz4ever

I don't know what to do now. I was going to order a Mist King Ultimate Value Misting system. Now I am looking at looking at AquaZamp Premium Collector Misting Nozzle system.

Mist King system $189.99 http://www.mistking.com/ultimate-misting-system.html
AquaZamp $182.25 http://www.aquazamp.com/store_front/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_70&product_id=75

Mist King includes things like ZipDrip valve, cutting tool, some other pieces (tubing clips, connectors), but no reservoir. Screen wedges are additional also.

AquaZamp includes reservoir and lid, screen wedges, but no ZipDrip or cutting tool.

Mist Kings site has great info and photos of what you will be receiving, AquaZamp: not so much.

Does anyone have any input to sway me one way or the other? Any known pros or cons in regard to either system? I have 2 screen cages to hook up now, but may expand in the future.
Thanks for any input,
James

One plus... Aquazamp is made right here in america. Everything is..
I see no value to the zipdrip.. I get maybe 2 drips after it turns off on my mistking.
The cutting tool... for what? use scissors ..?

Either way. You're going to get a great product.

hi there,

both are great and known systems used by many people on here, and people do have their bias on them, but both do the job well.

I have an aquazamp with raindomes, didnt like to have to make a hole in the cages for the misting nozzles, and have worked out for me. Kevin is great and couldnt be happier, great customer service. just my experience

There really is no difference, besides aquazamp system is made in U.S and mistking isnt.

thats about it, you should try and contact the owners of both systems to answer any of your questions, hope this helps

One plus... Aquazamp is made right here in america. Everything is..
I see no value to the zipdrip.. I get maybe 2 drips after it turns off on my mistking.
The cutting tool... for what? use scissors ..?

Either way. You're going to get a great product.

American made is a big plus!

I always thought the zipdrip was a feature most owners raved about?

The cutting tool is neither a deal-maker, nor a deal-breaker! LOL I just threw that in to make a proper comparison.

Are the pumps the same, relatively speaking? Or would it be like comparing apples to oranges? Same question with the nozzles?

As has been said both are good.. i have stuff from 3 diff misting companies..
i wouldnt worry so much about the zip drip not worth it imho, the rain domes are hot and with kev bein local an his stuff bein made in the usa this is the company i choose no waitin for shippin an havin it american made was the deal clincher..
Whichever you decide on your chams will thank you..

I don't know what to do now. I was going to order a Mist King Ultimate Value Misting system. Now I am looking at looking at AquaZamp Premium Collector Misting Nozzle system.

Mist King system $189.99 http://www.mistking.com/ultimate-misting-system.html
AquaZamp $182.25 http://www.aquazamp.com/store_front/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_70&product_id=75

Mist King includes things like ZipDrip valve, cutting tool, some other pieces (tubing clips, connectors), but no reservoir. Screen wedges are additional also.

AquaZamp includes reservoir and lid, screen wedges, but no ZipDrip or cutting tool.

Mist Kings site has great info and photos of what you will be receiving, AquaZamp: not so much.

Does anyone have any input to sway me one way or the other? Any known pros or cons in regard to either system? I have 2 screen cages to hook up now, but may expand in the future.
Thanks for any input,
James

I have 2 mistking systems and like them a lot. That said, i never use the ZipDrip valve and make my own screen wedges.. don't like having to wait so long for additional parts being shipped from Canada... reading this thread I think my next system may be an AquaZamp...

I purchased a monsoon mister off of amazon.com, new, for less than $80 with free shipping, just as a third option. I also dont see the added necesseity of a zip drip valve since my mister also only drip one or two drops once it finishes its cycle. I was lucky Im guessing since they are a little bit more expensive at the moment but it still a good value and super easy to set up and use.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...400+rainfall+system&sprefix=exo+terra+monsoon

Best thing to do, imo, is to look into all three options and decide which unit is better suited to your needs and try not to fall to peer pressure. Good luck with which ever system you decide on getting.

I am actually making this purchase to replace my Monsoon. I have had it under 1 year, and initially LOVED it. I replace the nozzles about 3 months ago because the originals clogged and my new ones have now clogged as well (after using only RO water). I want a more reliable system and one that is less noisy also!

I purchased a monsoon mister off of amazon.com, new, for less than $80 with free shipping, just as a third option. I also dont see the added necesseity of a zip drip valve since my mister also only drip one or two drops once it finishes its cycle. I was lucky Im guessing since they are a little bit more expensive at the moment but it still a good value and super easy to set up and use.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...400+rainfall+system&sprefix=exo+terra+monsoon

Best thing to do, imo, is to look into all three options and decide which unit is better suited to your needs and try not to fall to peer pressure. Good luck with which ever system you decide on getting.

I have been thinking about buying an additional system for a while and after reading this thread I have looked more into AquaZamp (I already have mistking systems). It looks like by the time you add all parts the two systems cost pretty much the same. That said, the cost for additional nozzles is better if you have Mistking - $14.25 instead of $18. When you have multiple cages, Mistking looks like a better option. Lastly, they finally seem to have distributors who ship within the US!

I made my decision and went with the AquaZamp. Something about that good ol' Red, White, and Blue on the system swayed my decision a bit.
Kevin has been super fast in answering any questions and really made me feel comfortable with this purchase. I will post my experiences when it arrives and gets hooked up!
Thanks for all of your input, I see you can not go wrong with either system!
James

I made my decision and went with the AquaZamp. Something about that good ol' Red, White, and Blue on the system swayed my decision a bit.
Kevin has been super fast in answering any questions and really made me feel comfortable with this purchase. I will post my experiences when it arrives and gets hooked up!
Thanks for all of your input, I see you can not go wrong with either system!
James

Nice choice! I'm getting mine today from fedex!! I'm so excited!!!

I just bought a mistking system, frankliy because i heard it was really good, and also because i didnt know aquazamp exsisted. I think i already know the answer to this but, if i wanted could i buy the rain dome and use it with my mistking system?

I just bought a mistking system, frankliy because i heard it was really good, and also because i didnt know aquazamp exsisted. I think i already know the answer to this but, if i wanted could i buy the rain dome and use it with my mistking system?
Yes you can! :D

I have a RainDome for my chams enclosure and I love it. It works great and no holes needing to be cut out of the enclosure is a plus. My cham likes it as well. He will now sit under it while it's running and drink to his delight. I think it's a great purchase.

I have had the AquaZamp Premium Collector Misting system for several months now and could not be happier, its well worth the price:) Kevin goes out of his way to answer any question you throw at him. I use it for a free range area and 2 cages. The only time I touch it is to fill up the reservoir besides that its maintenance free, set the timer and forget it! And one of the best thing about it is it's made in the good olé' USA, what more could you ask for!:D

I have a RainDome for my chams enclosure and I love it. It works great and no holes needing to be cut out of the enclosure is a plus. My cham likes it as well. He will now sit under it while it's running and drink to his delight. I think it's a great purchase.

I have been wondering about the RainDome... Besides the fact that you don't have to cut out holes in the cage, what do you think are the advantages of this system over the classic spray nozzle?

Back
Top Bottom