Mist king mist times

zmoore91

hey guys, got my mistking all set up and running. My lights run 8 to 8. So I know three five minute sessions is the reccomended for panthers...what’s the thoughts on 2 minutes every 2 hours starting at 9 am?

it depends on a lot of things - at least the 1st one should be long, like 5 min to stimulate them to drink. The others can be shorter or might need to be longer depending on the humidity levels

it depends on a lot of things - at least the 1st one should be long, like 5 min to stimulate them to drink. The others can be shorter or might need to be longer depending on the humidity levels
Well my basement is pretty dry and since they are in screen cages that’s why I went with the multiple short times over long times. But I agree with the drinking idea. Maybe I’ll switch my morning and evening one to be a bit longer

Do you have a humidity gauge? If so keep an eye on it to see how your mistings are doing and adjust as need. Also, do you have live plants? I'm struggling between keeping humidity up and avoiding over-watering my umbrella plant. I had mine at the below and just dialed it back to prevent my plant from dying. The mist turns into drips which trickle from my pothos leaves, onto the umbrella down to its pot. The soil is always moist and they like to get dry between waterings.

11am-lights on
11:30 - 2 minutes - was 4 minutes
1pm - 1 minute - was 2 minutes
3pm - 1 minute - was 2 minutes
5pm - 1 minute - was 2 minutes
7pm - 1 minute - was 2 minutes
8pm - 1 minute
11pm - lights off

I've made sure to adjust my plants for what amount of water they need...changing the location in the cage so they don't get too much or too little.

My schedule for winter in KY with heat on is:
8 am 5 min
Noon 5 min
3 pm 2 min
6 pm 1:30
8pm 1:30
MN 30 sec...needed to keep humidity up since heat is on more overnight

I anticipate cutting out the mn one after winter

Sometimes it takes a while to stimulate drinking. I do a 10 minute rain in the am and 15 min later in day.

If you are trying to minimize water, try staggering the 5 minute spray. Seems to work for me when I have short cycles.

Set it to run for a few minutes, stop, and a few minutes later they go back on. I also have it so it sprays just enough on top screen there is water drops most of the day.

Back
Top Bottom