mist king help

vindicatedornot

I am going to purchase a mist king misting system for my adult cham cage since the habbaspit is a p.o.s. but I'm pretty confused. I went to the website and i don't really know what to get. Any suggestions? I dont want to spend too much. i know it'll be about 150 and thats ok. I only have 1 cham, and if anything i'll only get 1 more in the future. So i don't need a brazillian rainforest in my room. I want the cooler nozzles too but I cant tell where to order them. If someone could just give me a crash course real quick it would be greatly appreciated by me and my chameleon.

-Andrea

Hi There,

In your particular case, I recommend the starter option for $99. You have everything you need, except the timer. The timer, if you are not fuzzy about the per second thing, you can find one that does the trick at your local home depot for a bit less. After I purchased mine, I actually found a identical timer at home depot and the price was the same as Martin's, so if I were you I would buy it from him anyways, he's customer support it's great.

Also I suggest you buy the "double nozzle" for some reason it doesn't show on his site, but I think is just like 8 dollars more, but you cover twice the area to mist.

The reservoir, I use an empty "paint bucket" I bought it clean at HD, for $5, and it works great. I have 4 cages, I mist 4 times a day for 40 seconds each time and it lasts 1 week.

Hope this helps.

Alright thanks for the info. Do you know the exact name of the nozzle? there are L and T nozzles and Its kind of confusing. I wanted the nozzles that have a larger range of motion like they show in their demo video. And a quick question, what is this zip drip thing? haha please excuse my ignorance. Plumbing and water valves arn't my specialty

Just email Martin, he'll guide you about the double nozzle and what the zip drip thing is. I guess it means that once the pump stops, there is no dripping in the nozzle.

im just setting up the starter kid now and it is super easy to set up, awsome nozzle on it wicked.... i suggest the starter as welll the longest part of set up is filling the damn bucket with water ...as i boil all my watter first....

You can't go wrong with mistking! If you only have one cage I would recommend the starter you can always buy extra nozzles and a T connection if you want to add another cage down the line.

well i ordered one. I got the starter package, a timer, and a mesh thingy. lol. Oh and a double nozzle. Seemed like a great idea to get the double nozzle. Now I need to go buy a bucket and that'll be it? I want to make a little drainage system for the cage. I planned on just drilling a hole in the bottom and putting a tub underneath. Do you think the double nozzles will make a lot of mist spray out of the cage? and worse, onto the floor?

well i ordered one. I got the starter package, a timer, and a mesh thingy. lol. Oh and a double nozzle. Seemed like a great idea to get the double nozzle. Now I need to go buy a bucket and that'll be it? I want to make a little drainage system for the cage. I planned on just drilling a hole in the bottom and putting a tub underneath. Do you think the double nozzles will make a lot of mist spray out of the cage? and worse, onto the floor?

I have 2 nozzles in my panther cage and don't have a problem with water build up. But I use paper towels on the bottom of the cage and replace every 2 days. My mister runs 5 times for 2-3 minutes at a time.

mine is all set up i got it going 4 times at 1 min - 2 min in the morning then at 11 again then at 1 is goes for 3 min then at 4 6 and 830 it goes for 1.5 min.. and i just use 2 towels in rotaion at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom