Mist King Help Needed Please

sarahog

Okay so I just got a mist king and I have 2 Chameleons. I'm figuring 2 minute intervals a few times a day (3-4?) I'm wondering how big of a reservoir I'm going to need in order to do this. Any ideas? Also, do those intervals sound okay? Like 2 minutes on at 8am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm? Maybe even one more in the summer as we live in southern CA in the desert.

Essentially, whatever keeps the humidity right and your chams urates pearly white while still allowing the cage to dry out in between mistings is good. My female takes a while to start drinking, so my afternoon misting is like 10 or 15 minutes. I forget exactly how I set it, but I know I do like 45 seconds in the morning to emulate morning dew, then a 5 minute one about an hour later. A few hours before and after the super long misting in the afternoon I have little 30 or 45 second mistings to keep the humidity up. My cham's urates are white and the cages dry out in between.

I think there are many others here that do a misting schedule like yours, with a few short/medium mistings every few hours.

I run mine for a total of about 30 minutes a day, and it uses somewhere around 2 or 3 gallons a day (with 3 mister nozzles). My reservoir is 10ish Gallons, so I don't have to fill it every day.

Okay so I just got a mist king and I have 2 Chameleons. I'm figuring 2 minute intervals a few times a day (3-4?) I'm wondering how big of a reservoir I'm going to need in order to do this. Any ideas? Also, do those intervals sound okay? Like 2 minutes on at 8am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm? Maybe even one more in the summer as we live in southern CA in the desert.

I run mine every 2 hours from 8am-7pm for 2 mins intervals. it allows for ample time to dry. my humidity stays from 45-50%.

My mist king should be arriving in a couple of days... I'm just getting warmed up on your information... Just getting an idea of intervals and timings........

Thanks everyone so far so good, doing 2 minute intervals hourly 8am-3pm and I hand mist a few times in the late afternoon if needed:) I've got the humidity gauge set up in the middle of the cage is that good? Should it be somewhere that stays more dry so I can tell more of the relative humidity or somewhere that gets misted on and off throughout the day? I can't wait until my second nozzle comes in so I can get the mist king going to my other cage as well...I feel bad only having one set up but my male drinks when I hand mist the cage so I'm not as worried about him staying hydrated! We're almost ready for summer here now I just have to get my basking temps more consistent it's so hard living somewhere that the temperature fluctuates so much, I've literally been changing bulb intensities DAILY ugh!

i live in socal too. i just cut back on my watering and my guys are doing great after a month. my schedule is 5 mins at 8, 12 and 4:30

The nozzles flow about .9 gallons an hour. If you mist for 30 minutes and you have two nozzles, thats about one gallon for each day.

Back
Top Bottom