Missing nails

Jelloman

My 8 month old Panther is missing may claws both front and back from screen climbing. I don't see any soft tissue damage. He gets lots of free range time but when he is in his enclosure he is screen climbing mostly on the sides but sometimes upside down. I have a 18 x 18 x 36 inch reptibreeze with mistking.

Is there cause for concern? Should I go to a larger enclosure to reduce screen climbing? Will the claws grow back?

8 months might be time for an adult size enclosure 24x24x48. Or you can build your own enclosure.

I would say just get a bigger cage, and let him free range a lot before you get your hands on one.

If the claws are just broken or worn down, then yes they can grow back. If they are torn out completely, then no.

My 8 month old Panther is missing may claws both front and back from screen climbing. I don't see any soft tissue damage. He gets lots of free range time but when he is in his enclosure he is screen climbing mostly on the sides but sometimes upside down. I have a 18 x 18 x 36 inch reptibreeze with mistking.

Is there cause for concern? Should I go to a larger enclosure to reduce screen climbing? Will the claws grow back?
Jelloman,
Whatever happened with the 8 month old panther that you mentioned in this post? I have a young veiled chameleon is the same size cage that you mentioned and the same thing happened to a few of his claws. Did they grow back? Did it happen to more of his claws? What size did you upgrade his cage to? Any response would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom