Missing nail injury?

Usually i wouldnt worry too much about this, my jackson lost his back nail awhile ago and its starting to grow back in but i was keeping a close eye on this other nail that i noticed was bent weirdly? and today when he came out of his cage to hang around, i noticed it was completely gone and theres some blood around it, should i take him to the vet and should i be worried about infection? first image is his nail that i documented a few days ago when it was bent and the second one is today.
C1B45426-7AF8-43FA-AA8F-636D4683768E.jpeg
5023EA19-39D2-49AD-B383-1196F12BC3F8.jpeg

Beautiful cage!! You just might need to add some more live big bushy plants with leaves so he has somewhere to hide and feel safe. That might be why he’s screen climbing. I have a Jackson’s as well and I recently got a large ficus benjamina tree and he loves it. He comes out to eat and bask but spends most of his time hidden away in the tree.

Beautiful cage!! You just might need to add some more live big bushy plants with leaves so he has somewhere to hide and feel safe. That might be why he’s screen climbing. I have a Jackson’s as well and I recently got a large ficus benjamina tree and he loves it. He comes out to eat and bask but spends most of his time hidden away in the tree.
I would love to put some more plants on the sides of his cage! ive been having trouble finding ways to keep them secure without falling, especially heavier plants. Ive had a few that have fallen to the ground. I also need to find some plants that do well under the heat bulb , any plant that isnt directly under my uvb dies as well

I would love to put some more plants on the sides of his cage! ive been having trouble finding ways to keep them secure without falling, especially heavier plants. Ive had a few that have fallen to the ground. I also need to find some plants that do well under the heat bulb , any plant that isnt directly under my uvb dies as well
Plant/ grow lights work to keep ur plants alive

Here’s my enclosure with garden trellis on the sides. I use spaces between where the wooden dowels cross cross to tuck my small potted plants. I don’t know about bigger potted plants. If you had a nice 3 foot tall bushy tree in the middle or to one side it would help.

Attachments

• 499F599F-CF63-4FF9-8FD1-2A963237D148.jpeg
    499F599F-CF63-4FF9-8FD1-2A963237D148.jpeg
    318.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 4A199A12-FF20-4CA8-B7B1-544AD58E1839.jpeg
    4A199A12-FF20-4CA8-B7B1-544AD58E1839.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 72
Hi also you don't need like big pots / heavy plants imo some plants like golden pothos and wandering jew ( if they are safe for your chameleon) can grow pretty big/ long without big pots and have small root systems

Back
Top Bottom