missing cham

Boston Pitty

Established Member
So last night again I couldn't find argo sleeping. just figured it had to have been a new sleeping spot and didn't want to turn light on to disturb him. This morning I noticed that He never made his way up to his basking spot. now I'm looking through his cage, get my hubby to look around it as well. We can't find him. Open the cage take plants out one by one and nothing. he's not in there. The only thing I can think of is he squezed out from the bottom. I'm looking everywhere for him and can't find him.

I have 4 cats and 2 dogs and I'm worried that the worse happened. My hubby said he thinks argo is just someplace hiding due to there not being a blood spot or body. the dogs have mostly been locked up yesturday and in the bedroom with us so I'm thinking cats, but even when he would come out and explore they never really seemed intrested in him.

I've been looking everywhere but still panicing. were going to lock the cats and dogs up while were out today so there's no traffic to scare him. Anyone else have this happen before? Where did you find your cham?

Also adding in, the day before the dogs did eat the cricket keeper and let like 30 crickets loss so he does have food for days.

Food should be your last concern as they can go weeks, even months without...

Hope you find him alive and well...
People that lose theirs outside have had luck finding it in the dark with a flashlight, pj colors of your cham stand out when lighted with a flashlight... You may aswell give that a go.

Just look up any high wires tv cords behind the tv on curtains they love climbing cords and string my panther got out I found him on top of my garage door rails and every time he saw me he leaned behind it like I couldn’t see him but if there’s that much activity on the floor with cats and dogs chances are he’s up high hiding behind or on the verry top of something. Good luck I hope you find him.

I have seen chameleons do that before. They will lean behind whatever is in between you and them and if they can't see you, then that automatically means that you can't see them either :D:p

Thanks for the replies. I looked all over the downstairs. I had to leave for work (theyve been trying to send me home once they heard) and locked up all of the cats and the dogs. Opened all ov the windows (they have screens that he could climb) and placed the cricket bin on the floor so he could see it.

I agree, I bet he found a place behind a dresser/tv/maybe somewhere with a warm outlet like a DVD olayer/computer/Cord etc. Sending ya good luck from MI!!

I lost my girl last month! It took me 8 hours to find her lol but she made it to the top of my fridge, hanging on to the microwave cord ! Hope you find him

So i still couldnt fibd him this morning so i decided to let my cats and dogs out and watched them to see if any of them could find them. One of my cats started looking behind the tv and kept raching a paw over doing the little paw tap things that cats do.
I looked around and after moving some games around and there was Argo!

Not a scratch on him!

He even enjoyed his morning shower this morning and was a little piggy for crickets and worms. I also fixed his cage so no more free roam unless i let him lol

Back
Top Bottom