mine wont eat....

Aust313

My female veiled chameleon dosent seem to interesting mealworms or super worms. and my moms scared of the wingless fruit flys breeding and becoming winged fruit flies. have nay ideas on what else i could try. she only really eats crickets but i want something extremely fattening for her

Why do you want fattening foods?

your options include : silkworms, hornworms, house flies, blue bottle flies, snails, butterflies, moths, dragonflies, grasshoppers, meal worms, super worms, wax worms, butterworms, dubia roaches, lateralis roaches, discoid roaches, other roach species, fruits and veggies, isopods, etc. All should come from a pesticide free area or should be captive bred. Snails and flies should not be fed from the wild as they have a tendency to carry a lot of parasites.

i wanted something fattening for when she is extremly skinny which she dose from time to time because she dosent eat sometimes

They naturally look skinny sometimes. Generally appearance of ribs showing and looking thin is normal. You should look at the base of her tail and her fat pads to determine fat storage. Weighing is the best way to monitor her. A healthy chameleon can go for a month or more without eating if they had to.

Aust-You may want to check the rest of your husbandry. How are your temps? Has she been tested for parasites? Is she of egg laying age? There are many reasons a cham will not eat.

They naturally look skinny sometimes. Generally appearance of ribs showing and looking thin is normal. You should look at the base of her tail and her fat pads to determine fat storage. Weighing is the best way to monitor her. A healthy chameleon can go for a month or more without eating if they had to.

This puts me at ease providing its the same for males, where should we be looking for the fat pads ???

Can you post a picture please?
In your other threads you are concerned about her being eggbound or wanting to lay eggs. It would be best if you kept all of this in one thread so we can understand what's going on without having to look to see if you posted other threads that are/could be related to the issue.

Back
Top Bottom