Min/max diameter branch/dowel??

Kimmers

For safety of the chameleon, what is the max/min diameter of branches/dowels for an adult panther?

And is bamboo to slippery to use?

Kim

For safety of the chameleon, what is the max/min diameter of branches/dowels for an adult panther?

And is bamboo to slippery to use?

Kim

It is more important to provide varying sizes of branches so the cham can exercise its feet as it moves around. Dowels are usually made of soft woods like pine, so if you use them be sure to seal them or scrub them regularly to remove molds and bacteria.

Bamboo is very slippery. So are those manzanita branches sold with the bark intact. I use naturally barked branches from the back yard (scrubbed to remove loose lichens, surface dirt, bird droppings, or pesticide and pollution residues, and rot). They provide variable surfaces and diameters.

I did use bamboo for a short while, attached to the screen cage sides with drawing pins,,but it became swollen with all the misting, and split where the pins were, so i got rid of it.
Since then, I've been using plastic vines, dowel rods, and that soft commercial vine that i've forgotten the name of. She really likes that one!

Back
Top Bottom