Midwest Chameleon Keepers!

I'm also in the midwest I suppose, if you can call detroit, michigan the midwest. I just call it the snowy, wet, constructiony, too cold to get chams most of the winter crap hole of a state. Not to mention I always pick up packages at the post office as I have had neighbors see the UPS guy get robbed multiple times so I don't even risk losing a cham to some shady person. Generally there isn't too much trouble around my neighborhood though. The michigan shows are ok fr feeders and if you like snake/dyeing wild caught animals/crested geckos/leopard geckos. they have chams sometimes but not usually panthers or anything good. I do like the dart frog selection though.

Justin

St. Louis 2 veileds

I'm originally from STL!!

I think we should set up a Midwest Chameleon Keeper Club thing and meet every once in a while. Maybe around the time of a big show somewhere in the US. That way the people who have to drive far-since the midwest is a pretty big area:)-aren't driving all that way just for a little get together. We can go to the show and get together too!!

Hello - I am an ambilobe breeder in Kansas City! I just started attending the KC Reptile shows in November. Glad to know there are others out here. I also attended the Tulsa show and most people had never seen a panther chameleon before.

Hello - I am an ambilobe breeder in Kansas City! I just started attending the KC Reptile shows in November. Glad to know there are others out here. I also attended the Tulsa show and most people had never seen a panther chameleon before.

Hey Wendy!!! This is Kelsey. Dale and I met you over winter break before the KC show and then we saw you at the show. I love seeing your pictures everytime you put another post up for your chameleons. They are sooo gorgeous.

I'm also in the midwest I suppose, if you can call detroit, michigan the midwest. I just call it the snowy, wet, constructiony, too cold to get chams most of the winter crap hole of a state. Not to mention I always pick up packages at the post office as I have had neighbors see the UPS guy get robbed multiple times so I don't even risk losing a cham to some shady person. Generally there isn't too much trouble around my neighborhood though. The michigan shows are ok fr feeders and if you like snake/dyeing wild caught animals/crested geckos/leopard geckos. they have chams sometimes but not usually panthers or anything good. I do like the dart frog selection though.

Justin

I second this motion from the opposite side of the state!!! With less robbing....hehe!

However, the Grand Rapids Show is now under "new management". I dont know how that is going to pan out, but I did see Oustelet's and Verrucosus(sp?) for sale. So here's to hoping.......

Does anyone know what has to be done to create a new "Social Group"?

I think it would be cool to start one like the South Bay Chameleon Keepers have.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/groups/south-bay-chameleon-keepers.html

Its a start atleast.......

EDIT: I will do some research on this and let you all know what I find out!

I looked at the social group page to try and find how to start one, but I couldn't find a button or anything. Maybe we have to contact a moderator??

i realize this is an older thread, however i was going to make a "midwest chameleon keepers" thread of my own and this made more sense, although im not sure if all the people who posted previously are still active or not.

i am in waterloo iowa. i know of only one other person in iowa that has chameleons and i havent met him but i would like to join/start a midwest group. i feel super isolated and it sucks.

anyways, thought id bump this for other midwest people who didnt post here. hopefully we can figure something out sometime. :cool:

Ya that would be great to start something, I am in Southern Indiana and it seems like there aren't any other ppl around with chams. All the shows just have a ton of snakes....at least the ones I've went to.

Great thread!

I'm from Watertown, South Dakota. (Northeast)

Only one other active member from South Dakota on here that I know of and they are from Rapid City (other side of the state)

Soon I will be living in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

-1.1 Veiled Chameleons +54 babies
-1.0 Panther Chameleon
-1.0 Leopard Gecko
-1.1 Black Knob Sawback Map Turtles
-bunch of insects
-2.1 Miniature Dachshunds
-0.1 Yorkshire Terrier

I'm originally from a town about an hour west of St. Louis, but I now live in Springfield, MO. I just got my first chameleon yesterday, a baby female veiled.

I'm in southwest Michigan!! I am super sad that most of the reptile shows around here aren't worth the money to get in becuase they are so pipsqueky!

Back
Top Bottom