Microfauna in cages

Does anyone else use microfauna (springtails, tropical woodlice) for cage maintenance to clear up waste products, dead food items etc?

Not for chameleons generally because there isn't any substrate most of the time...impaction is one of the most feared things about rearing chameleons... So no substrate is the rule of thumb 90% of the time...

Not for chameleons generally because there isn't any substrate most of the time...impaction is one of the most feared things about rearing chameleons... So no substrate is the rule of thumb 90% of the time...

I use large chunks of orchid bark, way too big for a cham to ingest. I use the springtails and woodlice as a crossover from my dartfrog keeping and they work really well.

Ive been reading into them and see where they would really be of help... also going to get myself some once my dart tank is up and running, I am currently working on a build of my own right now for them....

Try Blackjungle.com

I use the springtails in my pygmy tank and they work great. I just bought a container of them when I started up the tank and that was a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom