mesh

MattiBee

Hi all,

I am in the process of designing my panthers adult viv. I am just not sure what type of mesh to use as there are so many different types and some don't look like they would be very suitable.
I live in England, so i might not be able to buy the exact one, but if you just have an example of the type of mesh that is best i will find a supplier over here, i just don't know where to start!

Thanks

screen

I use a black aluminum screen which should be available in the U.K. at a large hardware store.If not they will probably know where to get it. The fine black mesh keeps crickets in and is excellent for visibility.
stephen

ok thanks for the reply, is that similar to the aluminium 'insect screen' that some places sell? its used for screen doors and things to keep insects out, so i figured it would be fine.

ok thanks for the reply, is that similar to the aluminium 'insect screen' that some places sell? its used for screen doors and things to keep insects out, so i figured it would be fine.

yea, thats the stuff.There is also something called pet screen which is more durable but not as good for visibility. Good luck and send some pics on your progress!
Stephen

Yep, the aluminum insect screen works good. Just remember, as I'm learning now while Im building my first enclosure, aluminum will bend and it is very difficult to get it back to it's original shape. But good luck with it, be sure to post pics :)

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom