Mesh for homemade enclosure

l3monuk

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find the answer anywhere. I'm looking to build my own enclosure for my two year old panther but I'm not sure firstly on the best mesh to use and also a retailer which sells any mesh in sheets big enough for a 5' x 3' x 3' enclosure.

I have found plenty of answers for people who live in the us but unfortunately i am in the uk.

Any help would be appreciated

do not repeat do not get galvanized. its coated in zinc which is toxic seems like most people will be using aluminum mesh which is what i will be buying can be found pretty much all hard ware stores. ive heard charcoal is best as the silvers reflect lot of light making viewing not the greatest. unless you want alot of excess may need to purchase few small rolls tallest ive seen is 48 inches. maybe maybe divide a top and bottom half and look for 2 rolls 36x86

1/8" hardware cloth, nongalvanized, preferably plastic coated

lets more light/UVB in, still keeps all but the smallest feeders in, and makes viewing easier. Also no worries about chams getting their nails stuck in the mesh

Thanks for the help guys. I had a look in bandq and wickes today but had no luck in finding any large sheets of aluminium mesh. Is there anywhere else that is likely to sell large sheets or even anywhere on the internet I can buy it.

Also do you recommend a larger mesh or a smaller mesh?

Thanks again

I am building a HUGE free range in the spring - 20' X 40' - I am using Industrial Bird Net on part of it ( the roof) but it is also going to have 2nd layer of a stronger "netting" - kinda the same as this one- but alot stronger- but it has bigger holes too- the 2nd net is to keep out critters and things - the "inner net " is to keep the chams in - I dont know if you can find something like this over there or not- here is a site, so you kninda know what to look for :) you can get about any size holes you need-

http://www.hayneedle.com/product/in..._sku=INDU004&gclid=CIDbhY3d2rkCFa0-MgodwEEAVQ

Back
Top Bottom