Melleri Enclosure

RhacsEtc

This is my enclosure for 1.1 Melleri. I have it almost completed, though I did just buy a very large ficus tree to add to this enclosure.

The enclosure measures 40x24x84. Right now I have a schieffleria, a money tree, yucca tree, and a majesty palm, but like I said I'll be adding a ficus. I look forward to hopefully breeding this pair, and along with other dedicated keepers establishing a nice captive bred population of these fascinating giants.

Armen ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357963633.920605.jpg

Very nice,I hope you are successful !!! I have never seen any cb for sale, only wc please keep us posted, if you are successful I would love to have one if you are going to sell any

are you gonna introduce them both at the same time? i remember reading they're very shy and are picky about there future mate. I have no experience with this species at all I'm just going by on what iv'e read.

Very nice.
Do you think that will be big enough when there fully grown?
Asking as I don't know what size would be suitable, most posts say to free range them but this wouldn't be possible in my house.

Make sure your plants are potted in a fast draining mixture or you will most likely have rot issues. You may also want to increase your lighting as it seems kind dark in the middle and bottom of the cage. As in a forest if the canopy is getting all the light, the undergrowth will die out.

Good luck with your chams, they are very cool.

Back
Top Bottom