Melleri Eggs (Again)!!

congratulations! the eggs are in good shape, so I hope to see you drink in a few months

Congratulations! Melleri's are awesome chameleons! Sorry if someone asked this, already but what is the gestation period on the eggs? I think I may have read 4 months or something somewhere. I just might be interested in one of those babies when the time comes as well! :)

but you forgot the BEST part of this clutch. YOU were actually there at the time! :p

LOL Amy!! Actually, no. My daughter called me just as I was about to leave work and told me that she was laying! So once again, Julie was not around to be a witness. :mad:

I know how hard it must have been to have her go through the effort for two infertile clutches.

Actually, Catherine, I don't think she put much effort into it at all! :p She would just spit them out like nothing and then be like, "What?". :p This time was no different.

Sorry if someone asked this, already but what is the gestation period on the eggs? I think I may have read 4 months or something somewhere.

Well, there is no definite answer for that, that I know of because not many people have done this and not much is written, aside from what you can find on Melleri Discovery, which is a couple of years old. (ahem.....perhaps Chris A. would care to chime in on this....) From my understanding, the gestation period can be 1-3 months and the incubation period can be 3-5 months. Newbie's gestation period was a little over 30 days, which some say can be a sign of infertile eggs. However, I'm pretty sure these are fertile just based on the differences in the eggs this time around. Be on the lookout for an egg update in the next day or two, which I will be posting on a separate thread. I have been documenting as much as I can, although this came sooner that I had expected so I missed getting some weights. :(

Thanks everyone for your well wishes! I am overly stoked about these little gems and have been so neurotic about the eggs, checking temperatures 3 times a day, etc. I will have updates soon.

June, September, and February? Wow!! Congratulations! That is so outrageously awesome. Let us know how they progress. What incubation details will you follow?

Sorry Sandy - I totally forgot to respond. :eek: Yes it is pretty awesome, isn't it? :D I will be posting another thread with weights and incubation information as soon as I can. Sorry for the delay.

Back
Top Bottom