Melleri breeding project on pause, so meet Naga

jpowell86

Chameleon Enthusiast
I am currently working on a Melleri breeding project that has been going on for the last 8 months. Some of you have probably noticed that my "signature" states I have 6 Melleri but I have only introduced 3 of them to the Forums. Reason being, I have kept my contact, with the Melleri involved in the breeding project, to a bare minimum. But, I am making some changes to the area where they are being kept, so I have pulled my male out of the area for the moment. Here are some pics of him. I just took his weight, he came in at 385 grams. I am going to try to get some pics of the females later tonight.
IMAG0975_1.jpg
IMAG0971_1.jpg

Last edited:
This is his slightly on edge coloration. His mating colors are very light gray tones all over his body. Very odd coloration in regards to "breeding colors".
I guess when there is no female around him,he is "nice and calm" with on edge coloration,"live to be free" kind of color,truly one of a kind:)

I wonder how is the female compare with the male,regarding the size,color,temperament,if the male is 385grams,the female shouldn't be that far apart....

wonder how is the female compare with the male,regarding the size,color,temperament,if the male is 385grams,the female shouldn't be that far apart

My largest female is currently 318 grams. There is no marked sexual dimorphism in Melleri. If you were to walk in on all my Melleri, you wouldn't be able to tell me which ones were male and which were female.

My largest female is currently 318 grams. There is no marked sexual dimorphism in Melleri. If you were to walk in on all my Melleri, you wouldn't be able to tell me which ones were male and which were female.
Interesting,so Im guessing you can tell by their behavior,if you observing them closely,am I correct??

I am currently working on a Melleri breeding project that has been going on for the last 8 months. Some of you have probably noticed that my "signature" states I have 6 Melleri but I have only introduced 3 of them to the Forums. Reason being, I have kept my contact, with the Melleri involved in the breeding project, to a bare minimum. But, I am making some changes to the area where they are being kept, so I have pulled my male out of the area for the moment. Here are some pics of him. I just took his weight, he came in at 385 grams. I am going to try to get some pics of the females later tonight. View attachment 148549 View attachment 148551

Oh he is gorgeous! Would so love to have one, the only ones I came around were wild caught and not so healthy looking. Best od luck with your breeding project! Look forward to hearing more about it!

Back
Top Bottom