Melleri 7ft PVC cage

DeviousMike

So I'm working on my Melleri's cage made with PVC piping and 3/4 inch plastic netting. I've got the main part of the cage done and I'm off to Home Depot again to get more netting to finish the door. It measure about 7x3x3. Here's a pic of my progress. I will update with more as soon as I get it finished.

a0dbcd5d.jpg

Nice looking setup I was thinking about doing something like this to put some of my guy outside. Just curious how are you going to get to do on?

Nice looking setup I was thinking about doing something like this to put some of my guy outside. Just curious how are you going to get to do on?

The whole thing is held together with zip ties.

And now the mostly finished product. Misting system and plant upgrades are in the works, but for now, the little melleri has a place to call home.

Here the best pic I can do to try to get the whole thing in the pic
1dfbd25c.jpg

A little bit closer now
0dfcae83.jpg

And from another angle
4a493ed0.jpg

And one with the door open
1fad831e.jpg

Could I maybe suggest getting a decently tall tree and putting it on the floor? It'd be a good use of space

I really like this cage and continue to revisit this thread, so I can take another look. :)

My big boy, Babu, has only been here 10 days and he's still acclimating to the new place and me, etc. I may build him something like this for outdoor use or for when I go away and have to have a sitter come and care for him.

ok. it should be against site rules to post pics of meller's!

now i want one again!

very nice enclosure. whats going to be done for drainage>?

How did you make your door? On my smaller PVC cage it was a pain and I have to cup feed because otherwise feeders will escape though this looks pretty secure

How did you make your door? On my smaller PVC cage it was a pain and I have to cup feed because otherwise feeders will escape though this looks pretty secure

i'd like to know about the door also... how is it hinged?
thnaks,, lisa

what is that meshing called? its found in the garden center right

i believe it's called "plastic poultry netting" made by Tenax, get it in the garden center are. it's green and quite sturdy, not the flimsy black mesh/netting... HTH,,lisa

Looks great so far! I wanted to build my outside enclosure with PVC but couldn't figure out how to secure/hinge the door - so I am curious as to how you did that also. I ended up using wood.

Very nice! I would also like to know how you did that door and how much did the whole thing cost?
And what did you do for flooring for this?
I have wanted to build this kind of thing but I don't know what I should do for the door and flooring, u will keep plants in mine and I will want to carry them in and outside often so that might damage the cage if its just mesh hedl together by cable ties.

Really want to start building some of these for my baby veileds and panthers which are coming soon :D

I´d also recommend you to get that lamp outside the cage.
The risk of you cham burning himself is just unnecessary.
But great job building such a large enclosure :)
Maybe the adult-cage for my parson´s will be inspired by this ;)

Not a bad PVC cage at all. If I were to criticize one thing, it would be the width. You would be surprised how much they go back and forth rather than up and down. ;)

Luis

Back
Top Bottom