Meller chameleon!!

Does anybody have a Meller chameleon for sale or knows ANYBODY thats has one for sale i will appreciate it if you guys can help thanks!

Does anybody have a Meller chameleon for sale or knows ANYBODY thats has one for sale i will appreciate it if you guys can help thanks!

Have you ever had a Mellers or a even wild caught before? They are not for the fainthearted. Mellers on the market in the US and probably the rest of the world will all be wild caughts. Wild caughts have their own problems just to keep alive. Mellers have all that and much, much more. Just by asking your question makes me think you have never dealt with anything but something dead easy like the captive bred panther in your avatar. No one can prepare you for the challenges of keeping wild caughts alive, and even being successful with wild caughts does not prepare you for a wild caught melleri.

Tanzania has been cut off by CITES, so there won't be anymore Melleri coming in from there until they sort that out which could take years. Mozambique will likely be the supplier. They are not regularly bred in captivity and any captive bred or captive hatched in the US will never be made available to just anyone.

They need a huge enclosure. Just the wrong enclosure--too small and without enough horizontal space, or even too much cover--can put them in a funk and they will decide to up and die on you.

Why do you want a Mellers?

Tanzania has been cut off by CITES, so there won't be anymore Melleri coming in from there until they sort that out which could take years. Mozambique will likely be the supplier.

CITES has only suspended trade from Tanzania in Kinyongia tavetana and Kinyongia fischeri. Trioceros melleri exports should be unaffected by that suspension.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom