Melamine for humid cage?

djfishygillz

Avid Member
Hi, I have heard melamine works good for humid cages and also works bad. I am making an enclosure and it is melamine and has been sealed with nontoxic adhesive. My question is if melamine is susceptible to humidity then what can I do to prolong the life of the cage or solve the humidity problem all together?

Also the enclosure will be for a tree monitor so it will be very hot and very humid at the top.

Any feedback is very welcome!

what is under the melamine?

have you considered using plexiglass? easy to cut with table saw. easy to drill holes into. allows you to see into the cage unobstructed. easy to seal seams. water proof.

take sandpaper to it for a "foggy" semi-opaque look if you don't want the animal to see out the sides (or paint it).

what is under the melamine?

have you considered using plexiglass? easy to cut with table saw. easy to drill holes into. allows you to see into the cage unobstructed. easy to seal seams. water proof.

take sandpaper to it for a "foggy" semi-opaque look if you don't want the animal to see out the sides (or paint it).

I have used plexiglass for the vision. I already made the enclosure with melamine. I have some people saying it rots even if sealed but I don't believe that....

Back
Top Bottom