Meet Zion!

Thanks for the info on gutloading! I originally got a Repashy's Calcium plus LoD which I will attach a picture of. Is that what I should use in place of my current multivitamin? Both the calciums with and without D3 do not have phosphorus. I was aware phosphorus and purposely got supplements without it. The UVB bulb is the 5.0 and it's 22 inches long (to fit a 24 inch fixture). It's two months old. I've heard for ZooMed you switch them out every six months (even though it says every year on the package). I don't own a solarmeter so I assume it's better safe than sorry. The UVB bulb is about 6 inches away from other branches and the basking bulb is a little less than that. I have started using a different basking light which is a normal white lightbulb (75 watts) and I've noticed the temperature is a bit lower. The digital timer I have is placed right where his back and casque would be. I'll be sure to remove the fake plants and raise the enclosure.
With the UVB bulb, it should be 8-9” away from his basking branch for the appropriate UVI level, which is 3. And yup, you’ll replace the Zoo Med 5.0 bulbs every six months! You can also get an Arcadia 6% for the next bulb, which you’ll only have to replace yearly, if you want. Definitely get a Solarmeter if you can afford it! It’ll do tons, including telling you when to actually replace your UVB bulb (when the readings are cut in half) and tell you where to actually place Zion’s basking branch! With the Repashy Calcium Plus LoD, you’ll use it once every two weeks as your multivitamin with D3 and preformed Vitamin A. All other feedings you’ll use plain calcium without D3. Those would be the only two supplements you’ll use. Thanks for taking the info and doing changes, you’re amazing! Not everyone does that. Also, be sure to keep us updated with cute pics of him and anything else you need!

With the UVB bulb, it should be 8-9” away from his basking branch for the appropriate UVI, which is 3. And yup, you’ll replace the Zoo Med 5.0 bulbs every six months! You can also get an Arcadia 6% for the next bulb, which you’ll only have to replace yearly, if you want. Definitely get a Solarmeter if you can afford it! It’ll do tons, including telling you when to actually replace your UVB bulb (when the readings are cut in half) and tell you where to actually place Zion’s basking branch! With the Repashy Calcium Plus LoD, you’ll use it once every two weeks as your multivitamin with D3 and preformed Vitamin A. All other feedings you’ll use plain calcium without D3. Those would be the only two supplements you’ll use. Thanks for taking the info and doing changes, you’re amazing! Not everyone does that. Also, be sure to keep us updated with cute pics of him and anything else you need!
Thanks a million! I'll move the UVB a little farther away from other branches and I'll think about getting a solar meter. I'll try that new supplement schedule. I'll keep everyone updated on how Zion is for sure!

Seems like everyone has everything covered, I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forums!! Zion is absolutely stunning!
Napoleon Dynamite Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Back
Top Bottom