Meet "ReKs" [Furcifer verrucosus]

View attachment 174889
After my panther died, didnt stop wanting a replacement :( 2 weeks later a new batch came to the shop.. variety of wild things (wc) :love: there i met Reks , seems tuff like a pitbull so i said fuck im getting him..and so i did..
only this time around i had a better understanding with chameleon care...still learning tho...plus i upgraded my setup to MistKing System. (y)Special shout out to Marty of Mistking genial guy..

Quick Observation on him;
* ...these species drink a lot...
*... Grabs really hard where nails seems to embed to my flesh (not sure if all are same)
*....Sleeps in a diff.shape...more elongated vs. Curled up (my phanter)
*....not to shy with mist/water shower.
*.... he goes upside down clingin to ceiling

View attachment 174890

View attachment 174891
I love verrucosus! Quite underrated. The beaded skin textures and the brilliant white they show when very upset is so beautiful! Water that boy as much as you can.....he's pretty dehydrated!

I would agree with Carlton, looking back at the pictures, even if the camera/phone taking the pictures upset him if he was well hydrated his eyes wouldn't pull back that much without more stress colorations. I would strongly recommend a warm shower (if you have safe tap water where you are, don't honestly know the quality of Hong Kong water sources?). Either that or use the mist king, and be ready to empty your drainage system if needed over this time span. I would set the mistking manually, then set a timer to go off in 20 minutes. Let it just soak the entire enclosure for 20 minutes, don't check on him unless you need to empty the drainage system. Don't bother him unless it's a quick peak. He need to drink and feeling relaxed is the best for that outcome for chameleons.

OK noted thanks;).... he drinks a lot and i do have a mistking system. I use distilled water only.. @Carlton can u post me a reference image of a Spiny that is well hydrated..thx...

Hi, sorry for the late response.....I only have very limited web access right now.......
I don't have a digital image of a "well hydrated verrucosus" for you, but images of a hydrated panther will work, as they are closely related. Signs of dehydration include a sunken casque (it should look fuller and rounded, not sunken), and his eye turrets should not be so sunken in. If your cham is a very recent import he's understandably somewhat depleted from all the shipping and transfer stress under less than perfect care. The first few months in your care should help him regain better condition.

Hi, sorry for the late response.....I only have very limited web access right now.......
I don't have a digital image of a "well hydrated verrucosus" for you, but images of a hydrated panther will work, as they are closely related. Signs of dehydration include a sunken casque (it should look fuller and rounded, not sunken), and his eye turrets should not be so sunken in. If your cham is a very recent import he's understandably somewhat depleted from all the shipping and transfer stress under less than perfect care. The first few months in your care should help him regain better condition.

got it..(y) thx

IMG_20170203_182244-01.jpeg

hmmm..puny 163grams...what do u think guys?

Again, verrucosus are lean and lanky and yours is probably depleted from all the shipping and importation stress. As long as he's active, eating and drinking he'll soon bulk up. If he's a very shy cham it may take longer as he won't be as bold about hunting.

Back
Top Bottom