Meet Pinocchio!

7nosybechams7

Hi guys! I wanted to post this so I could get some feedback on my little mans set up. I would really appreciate any pointers!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Nosy Be Panther Cham, male, ~3 months. I have had this boy in my care for a little over a week now. I got him on Tuesday the 24th from Kammerflage Kreations so it has been just over a week now.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I do not handle him. He’s still very shy so we are just doing some hand feeding to build up some trust.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? He is being fed a combo of ¼ inch crickets and ¼ dubias that I place in his feeder cup that hangs in his cage all day. He eats about 5-6 whenever he makes his way over to the cup. The schedule is, put 10-15 feeders in the cup in the morning and let him eat when he gets hungry. He also gets 1-2 some super tiny hornworms one or twice a week. The insects are being gut fed spring mix, carrots, and/or apples.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I am dusting with Sticky Tongues calcium (no D3) each morning with his feedings. I do need a good multivitamin so if someone can recommend a good one please let me know!
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I have a ReptiZoo 10L mister set up that mists at 8:15am, 12:15pm, and 4:15pm for 30s each. Yes, I see him drinking when the mister goes off.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Looks as normal as normal can get. Solid with urates present. No, he has not been tested for parasites.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Nothing I can think of right now.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 4’x2’x2’ all screen enclosure.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Lights go on at 7am and off at 7pm. I. used the Kammerflage care sheet and got the lights they recommended for both UVB and basking. Reptisun 5.0 UVB 18’ and Zoomed basking Repti bulb.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? The day time basking range is from 66 (in the corner bottom of the enclosure) degrees to 90 (directly under the basking light) The lowest overnight temp I have recorded is 64 degrees.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? My humidity levels are sit at around 40% and then spike to about 60%. I am thinking the spikes should be a little higher? I use digital. Thermometers that sit in the. Cage and are recorded on an app. I maintain by just the misters.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I have live plants. A large China Doll in the middle and some bromeliads at the bottom to help catch some of the water from the misters.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? The enclosure is in my room. At the moment it is just sitting on the floor. It is near a fan that at this time of year, is rarely turned on.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Kentucky
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. No current problems. Just want to get this checked so nothing does become a problem.

Thank you guys!!
***I am also shamelessly inserting some pictures from the breeder***

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 8.23.11 AM.png

Hi guys! I wanted to post this so I could get some feedback on my little mans set up. I would really appreciate any pointers!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Nosy Be Panther Cham, male, ~3 months. I have had this boy in my care for a little over a week now. I got him on Tuesday the 24th from Kammerflage Kreations so it has been just over a week now.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I do not handle him. He’s still very shy so we are just doing some hand feeding to build up some trust.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? He is being fed a combo of ¼ inch crickets and ¼ dubias that I place in his feeder cup that hangs in his cage all day. He eats about 5-6 whenever he makes his way over to the cup. The schedule is, put 10-15 feeders in the cup in the morning and let him eat when he gets hungry. He also gets 1-2 some super tiny hornworms one or twice a week. The insects are being gut fed spring mix, carrots, and/or apples.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I am dusting with Sticky Tongues calcium (no D3) each morning with his feedings. I do need a good multivitamin so if someone can recommend a good one please let me know!
  • you will want to dust 2x month with d3
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I have a ReptiZoo 10L mister set up that mists at 8:15am, 12:15pm, and 4:15pm for 30s each. Yes, I see him drinking when the mister goes off.
  • mist for longer, twice a day.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Looks as normal as normal can get. Solid with urates present. No, he has not been tested for parasites.
  • what colour are the urates?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Nothing I can think of right now.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 4’x2’x2’ all screen enclosure.
  • this is good
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Lights go on at 7am and off at 7pm. I. used the Kammerflage care sheet and got the lights they recommended for both UVB and basking. Reptisun 5.0 UVB 18’ and Zoomed basking Repti bulb.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? The day time basking range is from 66 (in the corner bottom of the enclosure) degrees to 90 (directly under the basking light) The lowest overnight temp I have recorded is 64 degrees.
  • No lower than 70 at night, 90 is too hot. Drop basking to 85
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? My humidity levels are sit at around 40% and then spike to about 60%. I am thinking the spikes should be a little higher? I use digital. Thermometers that sit in the. Cage and are recorded on an app. I maintain by just the misters.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I have live plants. A large China Doll in the middle and some bromeliads at the bottom to help catch some of the water from the misters.
  • can you send a picture? How “full” is the viv?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? The enclosure is in my room. At the moment it is just sitting on the floor. It is near a fan that at this time of year, is rarely turned on.
  • a fan can dry out the enclosure. Elevate the viv off the ground, too
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. No current problems. Just want to get this checked so nothing does become a problem.

Thank you guys!!

View attachment 284309

nice looking Cham!

Chameleon Info:
  • you will want to dust 2x month with d3
  • mist for longer, twice a day.
  • what colour are the urates?
Cage Info:
  • this is good
  • No lower than 70 at night, 90 is too hot. Drop basking to 85
  • can you send a picture? How “full” is the viv?
  • a fan can dry out the enclosure. Elevate the viv off the ground, too

Thank you guys!!

View attachment 284309

nice looking Cham!
Urates are white and I'll post a picture tomorrow of the viv!

Hello! I like what you have going with the branches. But, when your chameleon gets older they won't be strong enough. I suggest in about a month or two to replace those with oak branches, that are thicker.

Also, some more plants would add security to the enclosure. Some tall ones such as umbrella trees, spider plants, and money trees are great!

I would take the plastic plant out, live plants are the way to go, and are great for your enclosure!

Otherwise, you are off to a great start! :D (y)

Thank you for the quick response! I will for sure be replacing the thinner branches as he gets a little size to him. I also just put the plastic plant in there for now to add a little extra coverage but I will replace with live plants!

One more thing, your thermometer is at the bottom of the enclosure. To get the most accurate temperature for where your cham is. Move it to the top area; you could hook it to a stick or branch.

Thank you for the quick response! I will for sure be replacing the thinner branches as he gets a little size to him. I also just put the plastic plant in there for now to add a little extra coverage but I will replace with live plants!
Absolutely! Sounds great! :D(y)

I would suggest getting a stand for the cage and sit it higher. I for instance have the top of my cage the same height as me(about 5'10").depends on your height as well, this will prevent your cham from freaking out every time you walk in the room or go near him. Night temps are good. Basking i would lower to low 80's. I have a 6month old panther and im trying not to go over 85 at basking temp. Whats the distance from your UVB light to the basking branch?

Yes I am looking for something to put it on to raise it. And it’s about 8 inches or so from the “hot spot”.
So you need to have a basking branch for uvb as well, if you have the t5 5.0 HO bulb, it will need to be about 8 to 9 inches from the branch to the uvb light so he can get the appropriate uvi. @Beman can help you a ton with that. Great choice for your cham tho and welcome to the forums.

So you need to have a basking branch for uvb as well, if you have the t5 5.0 HO bulb, it will need to be about 8 to 9 inches from the branch to the uvb light so he can get the appropriate uvi. @Beman can help you a ton with that. Great choice for your cham tho and welcome to the forums.
He can get as close as 3-4 inches from the UVB bulb if he needs to. I do not believe the branches are too far away from that light

One more thing, your thermometer is at the bottom of the enclosure. To get the most accurate temperature for where your cham is. Move it to the top area; you could hook it to a stick or branch.
Hi! The probe to the thermometer is actually right under the basking spot.

He can get as close as 3-4 inches from the UVB bulb if he needs to. I do not believe the branches are too far away from that light
Thats pretty close to the uvb, u want somewhere between 8 and 9 the closest. You can even have the branch in an angle so he can choose as he needs

Back
Top Bottom