Meet Oscar !

nickeeyy

Hello meet Oscar ! He's a 10 month old (or thereabout) male partyhat chameleon with semi-striking vivid green spot banded & sometimes orange dot markings. He loves to shoot his most striking vivid green colors at 12A while turning in for the night and mega hiding in his oak tree leaf & wood clusters. He's at that age where chasing & hunting crickets all the time has lost its luster though he loves sitting at the most high spots & hanging out !
20200107_141502.jpg
20200107_141852.jpg
20200107_141437.jpg

Dont mind me, the fun-sponge. :ROFLMAO:

Why is he awake at 12am? (assuming thats what 12A means) Or why is he just going to bed at 12am? Am I missing something? lol.

Dont get me wrong, he looks healthy. Just wondering.

Dont mind me, the fun-sponge. :ROFLMAO:

Why is he awake at 12am? (assuming thats what 12A means) Or why is he just going to bed at 12am? Am I missing something? lol.

Dont get me wrong, he looks healthy. Just wondering.
Well he wanders off at 12AM and then goes to sleep and so we let him pick his time ( though we could force an earlier one we don't ) and don't bother him till 12PM; so far so good

Hmm, he should go to sleep soon after his lights shut off normally.. what is his lighting schedule?

Uhh-- how would that work... why cant you just set it to 7 to 7, or 9 to 9, or something with in the normal day-night cycle? I would imagine light naturally flowing in would mess up the schedule you've got going on there.

In a different thread you were saying that you shouldn't give any water/humidity during the night. That is very incorrect. Talking specifically to veiled, they need at least 70-100 percent humidity during the night. When they breathe, the water particles in the air they breathe acts to rehydrate them as they sleep. (or something along those lines.)

You said it could risk an RI. Partially correct. Too much humidity can cause RI, but normally it doesn't happen at night. It normally happens when an owner fogs/mists too much during the day when the heat light is on. Heat + too much humidity = RI.

Could you fill out this form when you have a moment? Your veiled boy looks really healthy, but judging by his weird lighting schedule and that you dont see the need for humidity at night.. you may be doing something else wrong.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom