Meet Mr. Mittens

Dan22

I found this little guy and had to bring him home. It has been many years since I've had a Chameleon. I'm relearning things. I had a new home set up waiting on him. My 9yr old daughter calls him Mr. Mittens. I'm guessing he is between 2-3 months old. He is eating very well and seems to be enjoying his new home.

IMG_1248_zpsuunrujvh.jpg

Can you zoom out a bit? Also what is his set up like? Otherwise he looks like a sweetie ^^. Zooming out is just to get a better feel for his size so I can guess his age range a bit better.

I found this little guy and had to bring him home. It has been many years since I've had a Chameleon. I'm relearning things. I had a new home set up waiting on him. My 9yr old daughter calls him Mr. Mittens. I'm guessing he is between 2-3 months old. He is eating very well and seems to be enjoying his new home.

IMG_1248_zpsuunrujvh.jpg
@Andee is great with chameleons. I got so much help with my little guy when I first got him and even still now. I would go along with what advice she has

How beautiful! Are you sure it's not a female? Mr. Mittens looks a lot like the female Cham I had.

Here is a picture of my little Gwenn (rip)
full

Can you post a clear picture of the back Mr, Mittens rear legs? Does he have the spurs? I think I see them in one pic, but his colors and markings, smaller cask seem more female from my limited experience. I also had a male, and his coloring were much different when he was young, but that may not mean much. I'm just curious.

Definitely male, he's also right around 3 months I would say, beautiful little guy you got. <3 Be sure to read the caresheets for veileds if you haven't already. I definitely agree with getting him a natural plant, you might want to try offering him some veggies too, see if it helps. He is going to need an upgrade very soon, and I would just go straight for the reptibreeze X-L because by the time he needs moving out (around 4-5 months) he will be ready for it. The minimum for an adult veiled chameleon is 2ftx2ftx4ft... but I always recommend going bigger if you can ^^

Definitely male, he's also right around 3 months I would say, beautiful little guy you got. <3 Be sure to read the caresheets for veileds if you haven't already. I definitely agree with getting him a natural plant, you might want to try offering him some veggies too, see if it helps. He is going to need an upgrade very soon, and I would just go straight for the reptibreeze X-L because by the time he needs moving out (around 4-5 months) he will be ready for it. The minimum for an adult veiled chameleon is 2ftx2ftx4ft... but I always recommend going bigger if you can ^^
Much better I'm still new to this myself and didn't want to give false advice! Thanks @Andee

Of course XD, and don't worry you will get used to it. The casque actually isn't a huge indicator as many males can be slow growers in that department and some don't even get great tall casques. If you looks on the white part of his back feet, there is a rather larger bump. Even at that angle. Once you get used to seeing it you will be able to pick it out <3

Thanks you know I saw it a second guessed myself to play it safe just in case it was bunched skin lol. I am trying to read a lot and absorb what I can from whom I've noticed are more experienced owners. So thank you a lot @Andee

There's nothing wrong with being wrong sometimes, especially when it's something simple like guessing the gender of a veiled, which is usually very obvious in the end. So if you get it wrong and a picture later shows different there's nothing wrong with saying my bad XD I do it all the time usually with trying to determine the gender of a relatively young panther or something else that shows an obvious hemipenal bulge at the correct age. That's one thing that I tend to have a hard time learning well. Sometimes I can get it dead on, other times... xD I usually do better if I have other physical characteristics to base it on.

Updated pic of Mr. Mittens. He is VERY social and loves come out and play.
The first pic was April 5th
The second pic is today June 11th
IMG_1420_zpsifhhjc8d.jpg

IMG_1873_zpsucrydopf.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom